- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Feel the crave for the wave with a surfing lesson in Los Cabos, During spring and summer, cruise the waves at Costa Azul with a 3-hour morning or afternoon lesson. Already know the basics of surfing? No problem, you’ll receive tailored instruction according to your level of experience. Bonus: Snacks and round-trip transport from hotels and the cruise terminal are included.
- All necessary equipment included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Family friendly
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free snacks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Professional instructor
- Surf board
- Rash guard or wetsuit
- Beach umbrellas
- Bottled water and granola bars
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Traveler pickup is offered
If you're a cruise ship passenger the directions for meeting point will be: Once you arrive to the dock walk to the cruise ship terminal, cross it and you will be in plaza gali parking lot just in front of Sandos finisterra hotel on the exit of the parking lot there is an oxxo (convinient store) we can meet you there.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Returns to original departure point
When in Los Cabos, don’t pass up the chance to pick up surfing tips from national champions of the sport. After hotel or cruise-port pickup in Los Cabos, travel by air-conditioned minivan to Costa Azul .
Upon arrival at the beach, meet your instructors for your safety briefing and instruction. Slip on your rash guard or wetsuit, and practice the proper techniques for paddling and popping up on your longboard.
Listen to the rules of surfing etiquette, designed to keep everyone in the water safe, and learn how to wipe out harmlessly, which may come in quite handy.
Off into the waters you go! Fasten your ankle strap and hop on your board; then paddle out from the beach with your heart racing and eyes peeled out for your first wave. Shout out ‘Akaw!’, old-school surf slang, when sighting your ideal wave.
Feel confident with the support of an instructor with you in the water; if you need it, you’ll be given a little push from the back of your board to help you catch as many waves as possible.
This lesson is tailored to your skill level; if you are a beginner, your instructor ensures you don’t go near the bigger waves. If you are at a more advanced level, your instructor guides you on how to read waves, turn and ride the larger ones.
Take a break on shore to rehydrate and refuel with granola bars, before going back out into the water. If you’ve selected the full-day option, board your minivan and head to a local restaurant for a hearty and delicious lunch of rice, beans, fish tacos, avocado sauce and soft drinks before transport back to your hotel or the cruise terminal.
Summer is one of the best times of the year to catch waves in Cabo. It’s just a short drive to the popular surf resort town of Costa Azul, located at the southern tip of the Baja Peninsula. Select a morning or afternoon departure.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Suitable for all levels of experience
- Please bring a towel, sandals, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Note: If you'd like to take someone with you who would not be participating in the surf lesson, additional rates apply. Please contact the local tour operator upon booking to pay for this directly before or on the day of the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
My son enjoyed it. Didn't realize how hard it was to surf for a beginner. The guide was nice, had seat and umbrella for us to use while my son was getting his lesson.