- 2 days (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Experience a thrilling rafting and multi-sport safari in the Upper Klamath River on this guided, small-group tour. The 2-day adventure combines rafting big summer flows down rapids that are over 100 yards long with an ultra-comfortable, safari style, back-country camp — with options for mountain biking, running, inflatable kayaking, and fly fishing. This is a uniquely action-packed and comfortable 2-day luxury camping adventure. All sport and camping equipment, plus gourmet meals, and round-trip hotel transportation from Ashland, Oregon included.
- Small group ensures personal service
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Overnight accommodation, including deluxe camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, and cot)
- Delicious, gourmet meals beginning with continental breakfast on day one and ending with lunch and a snack on day two
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
Guests will be picked up at their hotel, bed and breakfast, or personal residence.
Guests will be dropped off at their hotel, bed and breakfast, or personal residence.
Saturday-Sunday and Sunday-Monday
The Upper Klamath cuts a steep wilderness canyon through the Cascades of Southern Oregon and is one of the finest and most exciting Class IV rivers in the West. This is a uniquely action-packed and comfortable 2-day luxury camping adventure. There is no other trip like it in the United States.
Guests will be picked up at their hotel in Ashland, Oregon between 8 and 9am on the first day. Then, head to the river where a continental breakfast will be served. The river has three different sections and begins with a fun Class III warmup. This first stretch makes the Upper Klamath a recommended rafting trip for first-timers or experts in good health. There is plenty of opportunity to learn the finer points of river running before dropping into section two, where the canyon constricts, the river drops out of sight, and things completely take off. Get ready for one of the most action-packed sections of river anywhere.
In the afternoon the group will pull into the unique and comfortable ‘Upper Klamath Bush Camp.' This camp is a safari-style riverside base camp, located deep in the canyon and only accessible by raft. Set among ponderosa pines are shaded walk-in tents with cots and private decks, a shaded eating area, showers, hammocks, and the ‘UK Bar.' The late afternoon can be spent hiking, fly-fishing, playing games in the sun, having a drink at the bar or by the river, or just hanging out in a hammock. In the evening, appetizers, a big dinner, and desert will be served, followed by a comfortable night under the high-desert sky.
Day two options include: running the big, continuous Class IV rafting section again and then continuing further downstream through the third and final stretch of river. There is also a morning option for a 6-mile mountain bike ride or trail run along a rolling track through pine forests, past old-west ruins with views down into the canyon. For those who don't want to run or bike ride, there is an option for a short (but bumpy) drive. The afternoon of day two offers the option to kayak on the more moderate third section of the river. Except for the rafting portions, all the multi-sport activities are optional — simply pick and choose.
The Upper Klamath is one of the original 'backyard' rivers. It’s a quick, active, and comfortable wilderness escape — away from Wi-Fi, cell phone chatter, and hectic daily schedules.
Trips Include: All river equipment including rafts, inflatable kayaks and splash gear & All multi-sport gear; including bikes, inflatable kayaks, fly rods to try at camp.
• Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
• Deluxe camping at our safari style base including camp walk-in tents with cots and private decks, a shaded eating area, showers, hammocks, and the ‘UK Bar’.
• Gourmet, 3-course meals featuring local and organic produce & products.
• World-class guides with a minimum 5 years of experience leading trips around the globe.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 10 years old
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- All passenger heights and weights must be advised at time of booking
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.