- 1 hour (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
"You walk down these streets and they just reek of prostitution, dust, gold, and gunfights." Learn the myth, history, and problematic points of Baker City's heyday as a mining boomtown and taste your way through the best of modern downtown Baker.
- Local professional guide
- Wine tasting
- Other tasting per availability
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Comfortable walking shoes and weather appropriate clothing
- Gratuities (not required but appreciated)
The Trailhead, 1828 Main Street, Baker City, Oregon 97814
Not your typical historic walking tour. Rather than dry facts and forgettable dates, hear short anecdotes and stories from the past that paint a picture of Baker City during its boom town days of the early 1900's. Learn about the problematic points and racial tensions that defined Baker's early history and the immigrants that made the town what it is today. Stop along the way for a free wine tasting and other complimentary samples from locals artisans. The perfect tour for the history enthusiasts who don't mind having a glass of wine in the late afternoon.
• Boomtown Baker- how mining made Baker boom
• China Town- a once thriving ghetto in downtown, how it came and vanished
• Japanese in Baker- racial prejudice shaping history
• Tunnels, Ghosts, & Gunfights- where myth and history meetSpecial Endings- Finish your tour with an in depth guided beer tasting 101!
• The Art & Science of Beer Tasting: finish your tour at our local brewery with a guided class on how to professionally taste beer. ~45 min
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.