- 60 to 90 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
The best way to experience Chattanooga, the River City, is on top of a stand up paddle board exploring the beautiful Tennessee river. With the ambiance of a summer sunset and the lights of down town Chattanooga this expedition is a fan favorite. RSVP ahead of time and then meet at our 131 River Street storefront in Coolidge Park.
Meet up at our store at 7pm, prepare for your rental with a quick safety video, sign waivers and meet your tour guides for the night. Head out at 7:30pm from under Market Street Bridge, paddling around Maclellan Island while spotting small river otters, blue heron, and other wildlife. Make a group stop at the pier on the West side of the island to view a magnificent sunset with opportunities for swimming and photos.
- Tour Water Guru Guides
- Tutorial and Safety Instruction
- Paddle board or kayak
- Personal Flotation Devices
- Ankle leashes for SUPs
- After-Dark Luci Lanterns
- Complimentary photos taken by your Gurus on your or their personal smartphone
- Cellphone Dry Bag
- Drinks: Coca Cola, Powerade, Water
After first coming to our shop, at 131 River Street - signing waivers and meeting your guides - the group will head out for a short walk to the launch point: a public ramp located just under Market Street Bridge in Coolidge Park.
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
Return location is same as launch point, under Market Street Bridge on the North Shore. This is where tour ends, unless you have personal items up in the shop.
All tours begin at our shop location,
131 River Street, on the North Shore in downtown. All first time renters must watch our mandatory safety video and sign yearly safety waivers - it helps to arrive early on your first visit. For our Friday and Saturday night Island Sunset Tours: all paddlers should arrive in store at 7:00pm. Meet your guides for the night and head towards our launch point under Market Street Bridge where all your crafts, life jackets and paddles are waiting for your 7:30pm departure.
Let our experienced Water Gurus help you get on your craft and lead the way up the Tennessee River towards Maclellan Island and the bluffs under Hunter Museum. Paddle around the island while viewing wildlife such as river otters, blue heron, osprey and more. Your Guru guides are there to help you with paddle techniques and answer any questions along the way. On your way around the island, we return to the western side to enjoy a gorgeous sunset with photo and swimming opportunities.
Enjoy downtown Chattanooga after dark with illumination from our four bridges as your group heads back to shore, illuminating the path with your nighttime-paddle luci lanterns. Returning to launch point after sunset, this tour lasts roughly one to one and a half hours.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be minimum of 12 years old to man own craft
- Children under 12 must ride on a craft with an adult
- All youth renters below the age of 18 must have a safety waiver signed by parent/guardian
- No drugs/alcohol allowed
- Dress code: hiking attire or swim-suit (something you don't care about getting wet!)
- WEATHER: If it were to heavily storm during your scheduled tour time, rescheduling is possible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.