- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
In the warm and dark lagoon waters lies a natural phenomenon of glowing blue waters alive with activity. The swirling of your hand, every paddle stroke, and the rolling wake off of your kayak all sparkle throughout the darkness. Not only do fish leave trails, dolphins look like torpedoes, and manatees a slow and graceful submarine. Many guests compare the experience to Pandora of “Avatar.” Some even recall the bioluminescence scene in “Life of Pi” as the gentle plankton leave a trickling glow when you hold it in your hands and let it trickle down your arm. Though some may jokingly blame this on NASA runoff, it is actually the biological response of microscopic algae called a dinoflagellate. The perfectly natural and harmless concentration of organisms produces light before your very eyes, often existing in millions per liter of water. Your tour will include a ton of information about these rare and exotic creatures with the most experienced guides in the area
- 2 hour kayak tour
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - A Day Away Kayak Tours
Various Location on the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge as well as in Cocoa/Merritt Island area.
Bioluminescent Kayak Tours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- What to bring:
- Clothes you don’t mind getting a little wet. Towel (left in car)
- Water Shoes – sandals or Crocs that can be worn in the water
- Bring an extra change of clothes just in case
- Camera & Dry bag (optional) These are fairly useless to capture bioluminescence, but great for capturing people.
- Bottled water, Snacks
- Any special personal paddling gear if you like
- You may bring a flashlight, though we will provide a safety light.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 42 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.