- 1 to 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
How did the Battle of Gettysburg affect the small bustling town, & the people who called it home? As you travel through the Heritage Center, discover what life was like before, during and after the battle. This story of courage & turmoil is told through engaging 3-D videos, interactive displays, text panels containing excerpts from letters & diaries, artifacts & memorabilia. The popular, "Cellar Experience," is included in the tour. Experience what it was like for the townspeople who were confined to their basements, listening as the battle was fought around them. The tour concludes with the Award-Winning movie, "Gettysburg: Animated Map," which was produced by the Civil War Trust. The movie, which covers the three days of fighting, is a good orientation & overview on the battle. Bordering the Gettysburg National Military Park battlefield, the Heritage Center is an educational & entertaining experience for families and groups of all ages. Allow 1-2 hours.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Family friendly
- Self-Guided Tour of the Gettysburg Heritage Center and Museum
- Discover the visual and interactive experience from both the town and battle perspectives
- Watch the award-winning orientation movie, Gettysburg Animated Map
- Entry/Admission - Gettysburg Heritage Center
- Transportation to/from attractions
Gettysburg Heritage Center
January & February 9am - 5pm weekends only, Spring 9am - 5pm daily, Summer 9am - 7pm daily.
Visit: Gettysburg Heritage Center, 297 Steinwehr Ave, Gettysburg, PA 17325-2815
Utilizing artifacts, historical documents, interactive displays, and 3-D productions, visitors will gain a better understanding of the events that took place in the town before, during and after the battle. Find out how the people reacted to the invasion of the town – freeze, flee or fight? Hear accounts of ordinary people doing extraordinary things in a time when their home was in turmoil.
Located in the lobby of the Heritage Center is one of Gettysburg’s finest gift shops, offering an extensive selection of quality gifts:
Books - Collectibles - Apparel - Souvenirs - Educational Materials - Replica Weapons - Art - Home Decor - Toys & Games
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Last entrance into the museum is 1 hour prior to closing
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.