- 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Descended from horses brought to the Lowcountry in the 1500s, there are now around 300 Marsh Tackies left in existence. Learn about the history of these adaptable horses and take a trip to our historic barn. There you will meet the museum's two resident horses Comet and Hawk and learn about their care and conservation.
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Coastal Discovery Museum
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Coastal Discovery Museum
This Marsh Tacky Horse Tour is a family-friendly experience suitable for all ages, held Fridays at 2pm. This is a great opportunity to meet the museum's two resident horses Comet and Hawk and learn about their care and conservation.Held at the beautiful Coastal Discovery Museum, it's one of the most memorable experiences on Hilton Head Island. At Coastal Discovery Museum, you'll explore natural history and cultural heritage on the 68 acre Honey Horn property. The Museum’s trails, gardens, live oaks, butterfly enclosure, and horses are just a few of the fun experiences you will encounter during your visit. If the beach gets boring, families head to this interactive museum to learn about the history and wildlife of sea islands.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please dress according to weather
- Children under 5 years old receive free admission
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.