- 1 to 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
A General Admission ticket includes a guided tour of President James Buchanan's Wheatland and admission to the museum's exhibitions.
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Visit: Wheatland, Lancaster, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Costumed guides conduct tours of the historic mansion of the 15th President of the United States, James Buchanan.
The substantial brick house at Wheatland consists of a Federal-style two and one-half story central section flanked by three-story wings. The main block of the building contains a central hall with two matching rooms on either side; there are 17 rooms in all. A Doric-columned porch dominates the front of the main section of the house. Few changes have occurred over the years except for some interior improvements made by Buchanan. These included installation of a furnace and central heating, replacement of the open hearth in the kitchen by a cast-iron stove, and the addition of such modern conveniences as a tin bathtub.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The first floor of the mansion is wheelchair accessible but the second floor is not.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.