- 7 days (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy using a SUP for a 24 hour (or more) rental period for paddling the Atlantic Ocean or the Croatan or Albemarle Sounds on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. The high quality boards include adjustable paddles, life vest, a leash and bungee straps on the deck to tie down any valuables. Rental is available for pick up at a store front in Nags Head, or can be delivered to Outer Banks locations in Nags Head and north. Spectacular views of shipwrecks, dolphins, sea turtles, ospreys and more are at your paddling fingertips.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Farmdog Surf School LLC
7:00am - 7:00pm
Your SUP rental can be picked up at a store front in Nags Head as early as 7 AM. Alternatively, boards are delivered throughout the day in a limited delivery area. Paddling options include the Atlantic ocean, directly across the street from the store front only steps from a public beach access. If paddling the ocean, turn south towards the Nags Head Pier and enjoy crystal clear ocean paddling with views of a variety of marine wildlife including dolphins, rays, fish, crabs and if you are really lucky, the occasional manatee. Just north of the Nags Head Pier you can view the remains of the Explorer, a tug boat that wrecked just offshore, and the Huron a ship that ran aground in the 1800's. Both wrecks are marked with buoys and can be easily seen from a SUP if the ocean is clear. The paddle from the beach access by the shop is nearly 2 miles round trip, so expect a solid workout.
If you're more into paddling the sounds, there a some great options available. Take your SUP and drive south from the shop to Soundside Road. Head west on Soundside Road and park in the Jockey's Ridge State park parking lot, which is free. There is a public beach there, with a port o john. The sound here is sand bottomed, and if you paddle north, you'll paddle right past Jockey's Ridge State Park and it's world famous sand dunes. In the process, you'll paddle past some oyster beds that are being restored. The sound here is full of fish and rays, and there's lots of sea birds overhead, including Ospreys. As you head further north, you'll paddle past the Nature Conservancy site call the Nags Head Woods preserve. It looks like a jungle-- it's incredible to see the largest remaining tract of Atlantic Maritime forest in the US--from the water. Once you've seen your fill, you'll need to paddle back the way you came. Expect to spend at least an hour and half on this round trip paddle. There are plenty of other sound paddling options, just get out there and explore!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Surf and Beach rentals can be delivered, either by hand by our staff walking across the street to the beach, or in one of our delivery vans.
- Some delivery charges may apply, depending on your location or delivery volume!
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is fairly vigorous exercise, please pace yourself
- Drink fluids!
- Wear sunblock and protective clothing
- Please bring your voucher
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.