- 14 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Experience the wild beauty of Yosemite National Park from San Jose in just one day. After a guided tour to the gates of Yosemite, you'll spend 5 hours inside the park with free time for hiking, biking, picnicking or just exploring (and photographing!) the breathtaking monuments and waterfalls. The tour makes memory-making stops at Tuolumne Grove where you can hike with other travelers among Giant Sequoias and, later, take in the mind-altering views at Inspiration Point, Half Dome, El Capitan and more.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
- Likely to Sell Out
- Expert guide and commentary
- Free Wifi on vehicle
- Child safety seat for children under 8 years old or 4' 9" (1.4 meters) required
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Tour departs from the Fairmont Hotel San Jose (You will either be picked up directly by the tour bus or be provided transportation to the tour bus in the East Bay)
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Original departure point
Your journey begins with a convenient hotel pickup in central San Jose. You'll then head east en route to the Sierra Nevada mountain range, driving through gold rush towns as your guide carries you back to the era of the old West.
This is the only 1-day tour that let's you experience the famous Sierra Nevada redwoods. On arrival at Yosemite National Park, your first experience will be hiking to the Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequoias (weather permitting) and having your breath taken away by their size and majesty. This is an unguided and strenuous hike for some, so consult with your guide about taking it.
Continue your journey through Yosemite with a stop at Inspiration Point for a bird’s-eye view of the whole valley. Gaze up at the massive granite formations of Half Dome and El Capitan, watch for rock climbers as they daringly make their way to the summit. In the springtime, marvel at the tallest waterfall in the park, Yosemite Falls.
Later, you will have 1-2 hours of free time to explore Yosemite Valley. For lunch, enjoy a picnic next to the Merced River or visit one of the restaurants at Yosemite Lodge (not included). Pick from a variety of activities available within the park, like: hiking to one of Yosemite's waterfalls, spotting a black bear; renting bikes for a leisurely trip through the valley, cooling off in lovely river pools (summer), or simply relaxing at the Valley Visitor Center or Ansel Adams Gallery.
When it's time to head back to San Jose, sit back and enjoy the scenic ride through the Sierra Nevada and into the sunset.
Please note: The weather in Yosemite is highly variable and includes rain and snow in winter and high temperatures in summer. The itinerary may be adapted to make the most of Yosemite during different seasons and times of the year.
The Giant Sequoias are best visited between May and October. During the rest of the year, snow and ice conditions may prevent access to roads and trails. In this event, other activities may be substituted in its place.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Access to the Sequoia Grove can be difficult during winter months, generally October through April, and other activities may be substituted at the discretion of the guide.
- During winter months, temperatures in Yosemite can vary drastically to the ones in San Francisco. Therefore, it is recommend to wear winter clothes, especially shoes or boots with rubber soles and treads.
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years and under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height
- As tour sizes vary, transportation is in either a 15-passenger minivan or a 41-passenger bus.
- Tour makes stops at approximately 8:30am for breakfast, 1pm for lunch and on the trip back for dinner. Meals are not included.
- Audio headsets available in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Korean, Mandarin and Japanese. Specify language at time of booking under special requirements. Please bring USD20.00 deposit on the day of the tour. This will be refunded at the end.
- You will either be picked up directly by the tour bus or be provided transportation to the tour bus in the East Bay.
- Please note:
- The Giant Sequoia Grove is located at a higher elevation and the hike is dependent on trail conditions, especially from October through May. Ice and snow might make the trail unsafe to hike. The decision of whether it is safe to go on the hike will be made on a day by day basis. Therefore, a visit
- be guaranteed. However, while the trail might be closed, guests get to spend more time in Yosemite Valley. There you can see all the other great sights Yosemite has to offer, including El Capitan, Inspiration Point, Half Dome, Yosemite Falls and more.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
While my tour of Yosemite was amazing, out tour guide Aoka was awesome, the tour company was not. I paid a premium to leave from downtown San Jose instead of San Francisco. The morning of the tour I was waiting at the hotel at 6:30sm as instructed. Instead of a bus, coach or van an Uber driver pulled up, asked me my name and told me to come with him. Tour company called while this was happening and confirmed that I should get into the Uber. The driver then drove me for a ways out of town, pulled into a strip mall parking lot and told me we were here. I asked where I was supposed to go and he said he wasnt sure, and left me in the middle of the parking lot, I had zero idea what was going on. I called the number from the tour company and she told me to go hang out in the Starbucks and a van should be there in about 20 minutes. Sometime later I get another call saying that my driver has been waiting for me at the 7-11. I now board a full bus. We drive for about an hour, pull into a grocery store and we are told to shop for all the food we will need for the day, bus is locked for 1/2 hr so youre forced to walk aimlessly around the store. Great, amazing day touring Yosemite. Our driver was great, informative albeit a bit cheesy, but really put the effort into a nice day. Time to go home, once again after our mandatory 1/2 hour grocery store stop this time on our way home, I get dropped off in the middle of a parking lot, its DARK, Starbucks is closed, my phone battery is on fumes only half the buss charging ports worked after a 13hr day and Im suppose to wait there alone until a third party Uber driver is called and arrives. I had a dude in pickup truck harassing me while I waited for the Uber to arrive. Unsafe, unprofessional and NOT what I signed up for. What a disappointing ending to an otherwise beautiful day.
The tour was very good, nice stops and the tour guide Denise was friendly and informative. A few things though, I booked the trip departing from San Jose paying a premium over the tour departing from San Fransisco, the tour company wanted me to make my own way to San Fran for pickup anyway. I had to send quiet a few emails to explain I'd be departing from San Jose as the tour website described. Also we happened to book the tour on Martin Luther King Day a holiday in America, this means entrance to National Parks is free for the day, we however still paid for the price of park entrance in our tour cost. Basically the tour company had us pay the price of park entrance when there was no need to do so which I felt was dishonest.