- 2 to 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy our guided bike adventure through Santa Monica and the historical streets of Venice Beach, California. We’ll explore the sites and history around Santa Monica, and take in some privileged views of the California coast before continuing our bike ride south towards Venice. Although the Italian influenced landscape is widely recognized as the birthplace of skateboarding, Venice Beach is also home to talented musicians, performers, stunning architecture, sculptures and West Coast legal graffiti walls that have become alluring grounds for artists from around the world. Our guides will show you these often overlooked sights and provide interesting and insightful information about the culture, communities and history of the area.
Participants are expected to know how to ride a bike. This tour travels through a separated bike path and bike lanes on city streets.
*Infants (2 years and under) only pay for the cost of a baby seat rental
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Family friendly
- Small-group tour
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Use of bicycle
- Bottled water
- Bike lock
- Professional guide
- Use of helmet
- Bicycles are NOT electric
The Santa Monica Bike Center Broadway location
Tour returns on the corner of 4th Street and Broadway
Daily (except major holidays)
Spend an unforgettable 2-3 hours on a guided bike tour through Santa Monica and the historical neighborhoods of Venice Beach, California. The tour begins with a leisurely cruise through Santa Monica's charming downtown shopping disctric and stops in the heart of Venice Beach (near Muscle Beach), the birthplace of skateboarding and training grounds for a young Arnold Schwarzenegger. Venice Beach's Italian-influenced landscape is also widely recognized for its West Coast legal graffiti walls that attract street artists from around the world. Tour-goers will see street art pieces and architecture created by Chase, Rip Cronk, Emily Winters, Frank Gehry and other prominent figures. Riders will also be given some time to walk along the colorful Venice Boardwalk to purchase souvenirs and watch live street performances.
Afterwards, you'll pedal through the picturesque Venice Canals, the quaint Italian inspired community, and then bike through Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice's trendy gathering place for both locals and visitors, declared by GQ as "The Coolest Block In America". Your guide will take you off the beaten path and show you all of these often-overlooked street galleries, leaving you with an appreciation for the talented, expressive minds that enrich the visual space of the community.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Baggy pants, open-toed shoes, and sandals are not recommended
- Helmets are required for persons under 18 years of age, but optional for adults over 18 years
- Sunscreen is recommended
- Tours may be cancelled if an unforeseen circumstance or weather makes for dangerous riding conditions. If the tour is unable to be rescheduled, you will be issued with a full credit or refund
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 48 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule
- Please advise if a children's bike is required and the number of them in the Special Requirements field
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.