- 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Hop aboard the ferry for a trip from San Francisco to Sausalito or Tiburon. Your ticket allows you to skip the box office line and head straight to the gate. This one-way or round-trip ferry service takes you across San Francisco Bay with beautiful views of the city skyline, Bay Bridge and Golden Gate Bridge. In the charming bayside city of Sausalito or Tiburon, explore narrow streets filled with boutiques, galleries and museums at your leisure, and enjoy a meal (own expense) at a waterfront restaurant offering unbeatable views of the surrounding Bay Area. This is a great way to maximize your stay in San Francisco, and makes for a romantic getaway or a fun day trip with family and friends.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- One-way or round-trip ferry service from San Francisco to Sausalito or Tiburon (depending on option selected)
- Embarkation fee
- Fuel surcharge
- "Straight to the gate" access
- Food and drinks (available for purchase on board)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
SCHEDULE: Sausalito (WEEKDAYS): Depart Pier 41: 10:55am, 12:25pm, 2:00pm, 3:20pm, 4:45pm, 6:15pm, 8:20pm Depart Sausalito: 11:35am, 1:10pm, 2:40pm, 4:00pm, 5:25pm, 6:55pm, 9:10pm Sausalito (WEEKENDS & HOLIDAYS): Depart Pier 41: 10:55am, 12:25pm, 2:10pm, 3:40pm, 5:40pm, 5:55pm, 8:20pm Depart Sausalito: 11:35am, 1:10pm, 2:50pm, 4:30pm, 4:55pm, 6:25pm, 7:00pm, 9:10pm Tiburon (WEEKDAYS) Depart Pier 41: 9:45am, 11:25am, 1:45pm, 3:30pm, 5:15pm, 6:15pm, 8:20pm Depart Tiburon: 10:40am, 12:20pm, 2:40pm, 4:10pm, 5:55pm, 7:15pm, 9:25pm Tiburon (WEEKENDS & HOLIDAYS) Depart Pier 41: 9:45am, 11:25am, 1:45pm, 3:40pm, 5:55pm, 7:00pm, 8:20pm Depart Tiburon: 10:40am, 12:20pm, 2:40pm, 4:20pm, 6:35pm, 7:35pm, 9:30pm Schedule subject to change without notice
- Pier 41 - San Francisco: Pier 41/Ferry Building on Fisherman's Wharf off the Embarcadero
- Sausalito Southern Marin County Terminal - Sausalito: Sausalito Ferry Landing, downtown Sausalito at Humboldt and Anchor Streets
- Tiburon Ferry Terminal - Tiburon: Tiburon Ferry Landing, downtown Tiburon off Main Street
Round-trip Service, Tiburon 4/1/2019 - 3/31/2020
|Monday - Sunday:||09:45 AM - 09:25 PM|
|Monday - Sunday:||10:55 AM - 09:10 PM|
|Monday - Sunday:||09:45 AM - 08:20 PM|
|Monday - Sunday:||10:55 AM - 08:20 PM|
- Pier 41 -
- Sausalito Southern Marin County Terminal -
- Tiburon Ferry Terminal -
From Pier 41 San Francisco, skip the box office line and head straight to the gate to board a ferry and relax on the ride along San Francisco Bay to your choice of Sausalito or Tiburon. Along the way, enjoy views of the Bay Bridge, Alcatraz and the iconic Golden Gate Bridge. This comfortable vessel features several amenities for your comfort and convenience, and drinks and snacks are available for purchase on board. After exploring Sausalito or Tiburon at your own leisure and expense, choose from multiple ferry departure times to return to San Francisco.
This quaint, charming bayside city tucked among the Marin County hills features a variety of art galleries, boutiques, specialty shops and fine dining. You’ll be greeted by the Elephant Light Standards, a pair of concrete elephants flanking the entrance to Vina Del Mar Park which have come to be a symbol of Sausalito.
Take time to meander through the narrow streets at your own pace and enjoy views of the San Francisco skyline. Check out the Bay Model Visitor Center, visit the Bay Area Discovery Museum, rent a kayak, go hiking or biking, or tour the houseboats and marinas.
Originally named Punta de Tiburon (Point of Sharks) by Spanish explorers in the 1800s, this historic railroad town feels like a quaint, romantic New England fishing village with a modern flair.
Tiburon’s classic, chic Main Street offers a slew of galleries and antique, wine and specialty shops. Bring your bike for a leisurely tour of the shoreline paths or challenge yourself to a hike up Mt Tamalpais.
Enjoy a lovely meal (own expense) at a casual outdoor café or high-end waterfront restaurant offering spectacular views of San Francisco. Check out the Railroad Ferry Museum, visit Old St Hilary’s – a restored Gothic church overlooking the bay – or explore the Tiburon Uplands Nature Preserve or Richardson Bay Audubon Center and Sanctuary.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you purchase a round-trip ticket, you can reserve your return trip for another date at no additional cost
- In fall and winter, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. In spring and summer, please arrive at least 25-30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
- Ferries are wheelchair accessible, though boarding ramps may vary in steepness due to tides. Please advise in Special Requirements at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required.
- Wheelchair-accessible restroom facilities are available aboard all ferries, however wheelchair tie-downs are not currently available
- Animals are permitted on the ferries but must be leashed at all times. Owners remain wholly responsible for their animals.
- Children from 0 to 4 years old sail for free
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
WE WERE BLESSED WITH GOOD WEATHER AND THE FERRY TRIP WAS GOOD VALUE WITH INFORMATIVE INFORMATION AND GOOD PICTURE TAKING OPPORTUNITIES. WE WOULD RECOMMEND THIS A PLEASANT WAY OF CRUISING THE HARBOR
My trip to Sausalito was perfect, had lunch at Spinnaker restaurant which was excellent and ferry was very well organised.
One of the two earphones issued did not work. Narrative was informative and complete. Staff was helpful and kind. They got that horde of bikes on and loaded very quickly and neatly. Enjoyable trip.
The ferry trip from San Francisco to Sausalito is a very pleasant way of spending a half-day in San Francisco. However, the service from pier 39, for a tourist, is less convenient and gives less photo opportunities than the competing Golden Gate service from the Ferry Terminal. We booked return tickets with them through Viator, but these were only accepted as singles by the local tour company, who insisted I pay extra for the journey back. I reported this to Viator, who provided a full refund very quickly. Full marks to Viator, a lot less to the ferry company!
Great place to visit. Ferry very straightforward although lengthy queues on the way back
Different locations for picking up tickets and getting on ferry at two different locations was very difficult as I have COPD and asthma so it is hard to walk very far.
Seven ladies loved the ferry ride over to Sausalito. The Art Festival was great art, food, sun, and live music! Going back to S F had 180 bikes/ bikers plus a ferry load of others--- crowded ..but we all got back. Everyone was helpful....many, many sailboats out. for Labor Day weekend! Thanks !
Clean and well maintained ferry. Be sure to stick to the timetable and do check on the 'correct' port of call!
Wish I had chosen Tiburon instead of Sausalito, with its pricy shops and restaurants. After disembarking, the only thing to do, if on foot, is stroll the main drag and decide where to eat.