- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Explore the Alaskan wilderness on a hike through the majestic Kenai National Wildlife Refuge. This 6-hour tour allows active travelers to experience the Alaskan backcountry, and tour routes range from easy strolls to difficult, strenuous climbs. Snacks and drinks are included throughout, as is a wilderness guide. The small group size ensures a personalized experience and a route that's catered to your abilities.
- Small-group tour
- Led by a local guide
- Ideal choice for families
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Lunch included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Lunch (deli wraps, granola bar, piece of fruit)
- Professional backcountry wilderness guide
- Interpretive guided hiking
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Kenai National Wildlife Refuge
Skilak Lake Road
Valid from the time of first use, for the duration selected.
Returns to original departure point
Daily (subject to availability)
Take a stroll through the Alaskan wilderness on this refreshing hike in the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge. As you follow your guide through forested trails, learn about local history and the lush nature of the area, and savor pristine views of mountains, lakes, and the alpine tundra.
Accompanied by a guide, head to the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge located on the Kenai Peninsula, the beautiful preserve spans an impressive 1.92 million acres (7,770 square km) of diverse terrain. Your guide takes you out on a trail tailored to your group’s difficulty preferences that showcases the gorgeous nature of the wildlife refuge. You can get the chance to skirt above the tree line for breathtaking views of the Kenai Mountains, pristine lakes, and the emerald forests of the refuge.
As you hike, learn about the local history and wildlife of the area. The refuge protects a number of large animals, including brown and black bears, Alaskan moose, lynx, and caribou. During a stop for a satisfying picnic lunch surrounded by lush landscapes, you can ask your guide about the myriad bird species that inhabit the refuge, as well as the fish that make the place a popular fishing destination.
* This trip is operated in bear country.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available. Please advise at time of booking if required
- Hiking distances can range from 3+ miles
- Operates in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.