- 3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Belize Premier Black Indigenous Cultural & Cooking Classes guaranteed to be highly educational, entertaining and interactive. Come journey with us through our historical stories. We are glad to share the tremendous cultural value of our coconut trees engaging you in the interactive process of coconut harvesting, husking, tasting, grating and milk extraction. Enter our traditional Garifuna Kitchen where we share with you our cassava baking process and share many of our antique collection of artifacts with you. Cooking Class in Hopkins Belize is always fun time. Earn your bragging rights by over coming the heat in the kitchen. Fireheart Cooking Lessons is a unique signature experience where you get to prepare your own (HUDUT) traditional meal that is served for Lunch or Dinner. Culminate your Garifuna Immersion with sensational drum rolls learning the basic techniques of Garifuna drumming & Music & revitalizing your souls earning your delicious cultural dessert.
- Kayak or boat ride across to Over Johnson Island/Peninsula
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Light refreshments
- Local guide
- Round-trip shared transfer (minimum 3 pax)
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected) Available at a fee of USD5.00 per person
Unnamed Road, Hopkins, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
Please inform us of the Hotel you are staying at least 12 hrs. in advance
Returns to original departure point
Our Garifuna Cultural & Culinary Adventure Tour: offers an enriching vacation experience. As our Cultural Guests you get the beautiful opportunity to:
Dress in our Garifuna Traditional handmade & uniquely designed clothing that are best for the subtropical climate for the duration of your Garifuna Experience.
Explore the rich legacy of the Garifuna People via our Cultural Display Centres furnished with historical art pieces some of which are over 100 years old.
Get to uplift your spirit with the enchanting paintings of Isiah Nicholas as you explore our Spiritual Centre. We are bless to house his largest art collection depicting varying aspect of the Garifuna Cultural inclusive of the historical journey of our Garifuna People, our spiritualty, music, and many of our indigenous art forms, all displayed in their rich & vibrant colours.
Learn about the many magical & beneficial properties of coconut trees & coconuts and the art of traditional coconut harvesting, husking, grating & milk extraction.
Master the heat in our traditional kitchen preparing a Garifuna meal over an open fire-heart. Your great reward will be the labour of your culinary love - Delicious HUDUT which is our coconut base chuddar/broth flavoured with fresh herbs & sea fish of the day with pounded plantains & well flavourfully seasoned fried fish; or any other Garifuna Dish of choice based on dietary preference!
Culminate your Garifuna Cultural & Culinary Tour with sensational drum rolls learning the basic techniques of Garifuna drumming & Music & revitalizing your souls ultimately earning your delicious cultural dessert by way of participating in 45 minutes mesmerizing drum session.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 1 person per booking is required
- A small amount of walking & Kayaking is involved: optional
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.