- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary has the world’s highest concentration of big cats in the world. In addition to jaguars, this 98 000 acre Jaguar Reserve is home to jaguarondis, pumas, ocelots and margays. There is also a lot of “cat food” to be found including agouties, anteaters, armadillos, tapirs, brocket deer, coatis, kinkajous, otters, pacas, and peccaries and a troop of howler monkeys. Lots of birds can be seen while hiking in this beautiful wildlife refuge. Your licensed guide will show and describe many of the plants and trees and the uses the Maya made of them and will help you spot the birds, insects and animals resident in the Jaguar Preserve.
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan.
- Tour Guide.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges.
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Preserve
- Alcoholic drinks.
Traveler pickup is offered
PIckup in Placencia Village is included.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Preserve, Mile 12 Southern Hwy, Dangriga Belize
The Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary includes hiking and river tubing when river conditions are suitable. Hiking paths range from easy to strenuous. A typical tour is an easy hike along the River Walk trail to learn about the plants, trees and the uses the Maya made of them. Along the way, you will see birds, insects and animal residents in the Jaguar Preserve. After Lunch, enjoy river tubing and a 20 minutes hike to swim in the cool pool below the waterfalls. If you are looking for more of a workout, climb Tiger Fern for more water falls or to Ben's Bluff where you can enjoy a panoramic view of Mount Victoria and Outlier.
Duration: 5 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infant meals not included.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Hiking trails range from moderate to rigorous and can be muddy after rains
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.