- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Learn and enjoy the culinary skills and history of both the Maya & Garifuna culture at an excellent and very reasonable cost.
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Preserve
Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palmento Grove Cultural & Fishing Lodge, Hopkins, Stann Creek
Belize Premier Black Indigenous Cultural & Cooking Classes guaranteed to be highly educational, entertaining and interactive. Come journey with us through our historical stories. We are glad to share the tremendous cultural value of our coconut trees engaging you in the interactive process of coconut harvesting, husking, tasting, grating and milk extraction. Enter our traditional Garifuna Kitchen where we share with you our cassava baking process and share many of our antique collection of artifacts with you. Cooking Class in Hopkins Belize is always fun time. Earn your bragging rights by over coming the heat in the kitchen. Fireheart Cooking Lessons is a unique signature experience where you get to prepare your own (HUDUT) traditional meal that is served for Lunch or Dinner. Culminate your Garifuna Immersion with sensational drum rolls learning the basic techniques of Garifuna drumming & Music & revitalizing your souls earning your delicious cultural dessert.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Preserve, Dangriga, Stann Creek
Be with a master chocolate maker who offers two-hour farm-to-factory tours including a trip to the cacao plantation. The full process is explained right through to the finished bar of dark chocolate. There's a shop selling cacao products and a separate Maya cultural museum.
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.