- 14 to 15 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Check out the most famous ancient Maya site ever discovered - Tikal which is located just across the western border of Belize in Guatemala. This collection of ancient ruins (temples, pyramids) will let know the story about the Mayan Empire!
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Border Fees
- Entry/Admission - Tikal National Park
Traveler pickup is offered
Philip Goldson Airport
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tikal National Park, Tikal National Park, Peten Department
Explore Tikal. Abandoned more than 1,000 years ago and lost to the jungle until the 20th century, Tikal is now the crown jewel of ancient Maya cities. During it's heyday, Tikal had a large population of around 90,000 people and it's rulers dominated the region, regularly battling with nearby dynasties in the Caracol and Xunatunich (both in Belize) before mysteriously being abandoned around the late 800's CE. Today, Tikal is perhaps most famous for it's signature temples located in a grand central plaza. The tallest pyramid, dubbed Temple IV, rises more than 230 feet (70 meters) into the air. Built to celebrate the rain of Yik’in Chan Kawil, it is believed that this temple was built just one century before the entire city was abandoned. Several other pyramids are clustered around the grand central plaza, including the Temple of the Mask, the Temple of the Jaguar Priest, and the Temple of the Inscriptions. Other signature locations in central Tikal include the “Mundo Perdido” (Lost World) complex which has five different platforms, a large pyramid (known as the Great Pyramid for it's size), and an astronomical observatory.
Duration: 5 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.