- 9 to 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
The ATM Cave is one of the most historical sights in the world. It is an incredibly beautiful underground world filled with glittering stalactites and stalagmites.
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Parking Fees
- Entry/Admission - Actun Tunichil Muknal
Traveler pickup is offered
Philip Goldson International Airport
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Actun Tunichil Muknal, Cayo
- Located a short drive from our office in southern Belize, the tour begins with a drive to the ranger post in the Tapir Mountain Nature Reserve.
- From there, proceed on foot, hiking through the jungle for approximately 45 minutes, crossing three jungle streams along the way with your Belizean tour guide.
- Once at the mouth of the Actun Tunichil Muknal Cave, swim across a spring-fed pool, using a rope for guidance.
- And then the adventure truly begins, wading through the knee-high water until a network of vast tunnels, chambers, and passageways is reached.
- Only after climbing up and into a remote ledge deep in the rear of the cave will you reach the sacred chamber once used by Mayan priests.
- The ceremonial chamber still contains pottery, obsidian objects, bowls that once contained food offerings, and the famous skeleton of the Crystal Maiden. It takes approximately three hours to explore everything in this cave.
- After exiting the cave, there will be a return hike through the jungle followed by a delicious picnic lunch.
Duration: 4 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.