- 6 to 7 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy an unforgettable day walking through the steps of the Garifuna Ancestors. While also getting an opportunity to get acquainted with the waterways that once provided sustenance for them. All at a great discounted price.
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Palmento Grove Cultural & Fishing Lodge
Unnamed Road, Hopkins, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is included in package. Kindly contact provider with pickup information.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palmento Grove Cultural & Fishing Lodge, Palmento Grove Lodge, Hopkins Belize
Travelers will begin with a guided kayak tour through the passage way of the ancestors, Fresh Water Creek Lagoon. Observing beautiful and pristine flora & fauna as you embark on a short traditional fishing expedition. Followed by your Garifuna Cultural & Culinary Adventure Tour,where you'll embark on a journey through our history and culture. It begins with a short historical lesson with art,artifacts and literature depicting our history. Then goes into traditional cooking sessions where you learn to cook the 'HUDUT''meal of our dignitaries. Then ends with drumming sessions with our professional instructor,allowing you to dance or catch the beat of our melodious Garifuna drums. A special surprise for your excellent job also awaits you at the end ;)
Duration: 5 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.