- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Learn about the Coffee Cultural Landscape in an educational way and discover how the towns in Quindío are the result of the adaptation process of Antioquian settlers, who arrived in the 19th century, a process which persists to this day and has created an economy and culture deeply rooted in the coffee production tradition.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
- Additional food and drinks
- Unspecified expenses
- Infant meals not included
Selected centrally located hotels in Armenia
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Original departure point
This private tour begins at “El Cementerio Libre de Circasia” which is one of the most beautiful cemeteries in Colombia. This cementery was built to bury people regardless of their political party, religion, social class, skin color or any other characteristic. In 1982 it is recognized as a unique monument about freedom in Latin America.
Then, head towards Salento to visit the historic center of the municipality, the artisans’ village and the Cocora Valley Lookout that is a place at the top of the mountain from where you can admire the beauty of a unique landscape that hosts a variety of flora and fauna.
In the middle of the day you will enjoy a delicious and traditional meal of the region (trout with banana) to recharge energy and move on to visit one of the national road section where Simon Bolivar transited in 1830.
After lunch, make your way to a traditional architectural tour in Filandia town to visit places like the Temple “Nuestra Señora de la Inmaculada” which is one of the five religious monuments build in Bahareque (Construction material similar to adobe, consisting of clay or mud reinforced with sticks or canes) left in the world.
Then, there is a visit to Quimbaya town to know an archeological place where was discovered the Quimbaya treasure.
Back to your hotel you will have a great knowledge in mind about culture, architecture, history, values and some of the towns of the Coffee cultural Landscape of Colombia.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Please note that departure times and locations may vary slightly.
- If you will not be arriving at your destination within the specified reconfirmation period, please reconfirm with the local service provider prior to travel, or upon arrival at your destination.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.