- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Spanish colonial buildings and strumming street guitarists set the mood for a romantic horse-drawn carriage of Cartagena at night. Admire the beauty of colorful 18th-century buildings as you clip-clop around the old walled city and the modern Bocagrande. Your driver guides you down charming narrow streets and eventually drops you off at a local restaurant to enjoy your complimentary dinner for the rest of the evening. Hotel pickup is included on your 3-hour tour.
- Horse and carriage tour
- Hotel pickup
- Entry/Admission - Walled City of Cartagena
- Entry/Admission - Plaza Bocagrande Centro Comercial
- Hotel drop-off
Departs from most hotels in the Bocagrande or downtown area
Concludes at the restaurant around 11pm
Depart from your hotel in a charming horse-drawn carriage for a 3-hour tour of Cartagena at night, including dinner. Your driver takes you past impressive buildings in the modern sector of Bocagrande before heading to the colonial walled city, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
It’s hard not to feel romantic as you ride through the narrow streets in your traditional carriage. The historical center is lined with quaint shops, colonial churches and brightly painted buildings. Pass the Cathedral de San Pedro Claver, Plaza de Santo Domingo and the Palace of the Inquisition before reaching the restaurant, where you’ll be dropped off to enjoy your sumptuous dinner. (See a
sample menu below.)
When you’ve completed your meal, you can find your way back to your hotel or continue to explore some of the interesting places around Cartagena.
Sample Menu (choose one selection from each course):
• Fried fish croquettes with tartar sauce.
• Cartagenan shrimp ceviche over a gratin casabe cookie with a guacamole side
• Salad for vegetarians and allergic
• Fish fillet over vegetables parpadelles, with overflowing leek.
• Stuffed mozzarella chicken breast with mozzarella, over a bed of roasted tomatoes with garlic and basil accompanied by potatoes puree or sautéed vegetables.
• Cartagenean risotto with loin.
• Neapolitan risotto with seafood.
• Spring pasta, served with Neapolitan sauce, yellow and green zucchini, cherry tomatoes, basil and mushrooms.
• Montesacro flan with a bit of house’s sauce.
• Soursop’s Panna Cotta dulce a bit of house’s sauce.
• House’s cake with icecream
• One glass of wine (pink, red or white).
Served soda or natural lemonade.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: This tour is not available to cruise ship passengers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Be sure to contact day before so driver picks you up from hotel and gives some history of the city on ride to resturant...they put rose pedals on the table...nice touch. Then the resrurant arranges for the horse carriage to pick you up. There a guitrg singers that will hop onto your carriage along the way...if you dont want to tip, tell them you already tipped another singer. Dress cool for the evening because it is warm and humid
Its a pretty good tour. If its your first day and you dont know where is what. Probably you can do this tour on your own for little cheaper. First it was a tranfer from hotel, on time but bumpy on big uncomfortable van, the ride on carriage was nice and restaurant was pretty good. Afterall solid B
After confirming it one day before, we were simply left waiting at the hotel. Later we were told by the Hotel Reception Desk that someone had been looking for us by 7:00 PM instead of 8:00 PM , which I have writen at my trip voucher and also were confirmed a day before. It was really frustrating for a night we as a couple have planned carefully to spend some time together at our last night in Cartagena. Do not recommend this at all.