- 1 to 3 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Hands-on class where visitors will feel what it is like to make a piece of jewelry, develop creativity, and bring back memories of school. The class will be guided by a fluent English advisor, and the instructors will be students from the sponsored school. This shared 3-hour experience has a maximum capacity of 20 participants.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All necessary equipment included
- One of the four projects developed
- Light refreshments
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- The extra three projects (You choose at the end what to take with you. It could be just the included piece and/or the extra pieces)
• We could pick you up at any hotel in the city of Cartagena. If you are in Baru or any of the islands out of the city, we could pick you up at old town
• If you are coming in on a cruise ship, we'll let you know your driver's name and further instructions the day before via email
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Returns to original departure point
Meet a driver at your hotel or port in Cartagena, traveling to the Emerald Museum for a 9am or 2pm start time.
You will receive video, written, and spoken instructions about how to make jewelry with sterling silver wire and Colombian emeralds, then create four projects, a ring, earrings, a pendant and a bracelet.
Before crafting your jewelry, visit a melting laboratory, where you will learn how the silver wire is made. At the end of the class, decide which of your projects to take home. One of the projects is included in the price; the extra ones are available for purchase at 30 USD each, a price that covers the cost of the emerald and the silver.
After that, take a guided tour of the emerald museum. Here you will learn about emeralds: the magic, history, relevance, and scientific characteristics of this Colombian gemstone. There are hundred of emeralds with weird formations and shapes from all over Colombia and the world, as well as other precious stones.
If desired, you may also visit the jewelry making workshop, where craftsmen work sterling silver and 18K gold into jewelry, or browse for souvenirs in the onsite shop, the only jewelry store in Colombia with a Quality Management System Certificate and international guarantee.
Following the class, a driver will transfer you back to the original departure point.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Minimum age is 10 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.