- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Get deep into the Sierra Nevada jungle on a hike that will take you to the archeological vestiges of a Tayrona town and to a refreshing tubing activity that will surprise you with a rich ecosystem that fuses river and sea. In this tour, you will meet a place full of charm, where nature, adventure, and archaeology mingle to give you unforgettable memories.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Expert guide in the language of your preference
- Entry Tickets
- Unspecified food or beverage
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up service from most Santa Marta Hotels. Please enter your pick up location and details.
At the hotel
In this tour, you will meet a place full of charm, where nature, adventure, and archaeology mingle to give you unforgettable memories.
You'll begin your adventure at 6:00 am from Santa Marta on a trip by car or bus for approximately 2 hours to Don Diego.
Once you reach Don Diego, you'll start your trek through a spectacular path filled with endemic flora and fauna from La Sierra Nevada and with the vestiges of an ancient city. Here, you'll enjoy a walk of approximately 1 hour through the indigenous terraces and the museum.
Afterward, you'll continue walking to a place known as The Rapids, where you'll embark on a wonderful adventure tubing down to the sea. During this descent, you'll be able to spot howler monkeys, birds, and plenty of endemic vegetation. Finally, you'll get to the river mouth at a wonderful place where mountains, jungle, and the river melt with the sea. At this place, you can stay at the beach for as long as you want before returning on a boat upriver.
After the boat ride, you will have a delicious lunch at Tayronaka before returning to Santa Marta.
• Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, Minca Colombia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable shoes and clothes
- Bathing suit
- Insect Repellent
- Towel and other Beach articles
- Depending on the weather, the river can have a strong flow.
- Changes on the tour may occur due to external factors. These changes will be notified to you with anticipation.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.