- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Welcome to Getsemaní, Cartagena's cultural quarter and the coolest 'hood in Colombia. Meet raucous, proud locals, enigmatic street vendors, bohemian artists and feel the warmth of the smiles that greet you on every street corner.
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Bottled water
- Insight into the remarkable history of Getsemaní with a fully qualified, bilingual guide
- Play domino or ludo with the Legends of Calle del Pozo
- A round of drinks and meet the locals in La Plaza de la Trinidad
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Cl. 30 #8b-107, Cartagena, Provincia de Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
Returns to original departure point
Getsemaní has traditionally been populated by a boisterous bunch of artisans, freed slaves and merchants selling their crafts and wares to their richer neighbors in the historic center of Cartagena.
An intoxicating mix of locals and international visitors has since attracted a modern breed of talented types from all walks of life, from graffiti artists, sculptors, musicians and dancers to architects and backpackers alike. Together they've taken the barrio on a journey from no-go to boho in less than five years.
Experience Getsemaní before the cruise ship masses wade in and change the face of the barrio.
This tour does not attempt to hide the changes taking place in this fiercely traditional barrio, far from it, the experience is designed to help visitors connect with the local population, understand what makes the barrio so special and engage with the people doing their bit to ensure that it preserves its particular charm.
To help you get the full experience of the barrio you will get involved in a creative art project designed to create employment and fashion a multi-purpose public space that will allow the locals to showcase their talents and sell their wares in a modern version of the public market that used to keep everyone in Getsemaní busy.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.