- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Our Specialty Coffee Workshops are an adventure into the flavors, aromas, and heartwarming stories about coffee. Coffee is about the brave coffee farmers and the baristas who love sharing special coffee with the people they serve. Coffee is the heart of Colombia. Learn about it with our team of coffee experts.
This workshop begins at 9 am within the gorgeous walled city of Cartagena. Your local guide, a certified coffee expert, will tell you about the history of coffee all the way up to the newest innovative coffee brewing methods. You will learn how to appreciate the special characteristics in the award-winning coffees you'll taste, what makes Colombia an ideal country to grow coffee, and details about coffee growers. This 3-hour workshop includes coffee tastings at each shop visited, but does not include other food and drinks.
- Coffee tastings - you'll taste coffees from different areas of Colombia
- Local guide - our guides are completely fluent in Spanish as well as the language of your tour group
- Walking route of less than 1 mile
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Gratuities (recommended if you feel you were given exceptional service)
- Food and drinks, except for the coffee tastings
- Hotel pickup and drop-off - the meeting location is easy to find and in a safe neighborhood
Cl. 32 #4-17
The workshop starts at 9:00 am
Returns to original departure point
This workshop takes you on a route of less than a mile to visit a variety of specialty coffee shops in Cartagena's gorgeous historic center. At each shop you'll taste specialty coffees and learn about the areas where they are produced. Additionally, you'll talk with coffee shop owners and managers, baristas, and other coffee experts. These passionate people often personally know the coffee farmers that grew the beans in your cup.
Even if you’re not a coffee enthusiast, this is still an experience for you. You will dive into the culture behind the coffee – the history, the hard work, and the perseverance of Colombian farmers and baristas. Discover the stories behind Colombian coffee and the stories hiding inside the bags of coffee you take home with you.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- To keep the workshop intimate, a maximum of 10 people is allowed
- We walk a short route that's under 1 mile - if anyone in your party has mobility issues, please contact us
- The workshop takes place in all weather conditions, so please dress appropriately - in Cartagena that means you should bring a hat or umbrella, sunscreen, and drinking water
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.