- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Private fishing tour in La Boquilla, learn the techniques to fish like the locals at Cienaga de Juan Polo and the Cienaga de la Virgen. The three main techniques to be learned are: fishing with a fishing line, using nets or putting traps.
- Transfer City Centre – La Boquilla – City Centre (Taxi)
- Professional Guide in the language of your preference
- Cold coconut refreshment.
- Fishing gear: decoy, net, trap for crawfish, fishing line.
- Introduction to the world of fishing by a local fisherman.
- Canoe tour with the fishermen.
- Entry/Admission - Playas de la Boquilla
- Unspecified food or beverage.
- Personal expenses or tips.
At the hotel
7:00am or 3:00pm
At the hotel
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Playas de la Boquilla, Cielo Mar Carrera 9 No. 20-14 Playa la Boquilla, Cartagena 130001 Colombia
The tour takes place in La Boquilla; where you’ll find mainly Afro-Colombian fisher families. This area represents a big contrast with the heart of Cartagena, but that is precisely what makes this excursion so exciting and appealing to adventurous souls.
At La Boquilla there are two big lagoons: the Cienaga de Juan Polo and the Cienaga de la Virgen. Here, you can find all sorts of fish, ideal for a fishing trip to catch Sea Bass (Robalo), Shad (Sabalo), common two-banded sea bream (Mojarra), Ocean-Bass (Pargo negro), Mullet (Lebranche), mainly bream and perch species, as well as snails, clams, shrimps and crawfish. People from La Boquilla will teach you to catch a fish in three different ways: line fishing, netting, and trapping.
When you arrive at La Boquilla, canoes and fishers will be waiting for you to head to the lagoons. On the boats, accompanied by a multilingual guide, you will be able to communicate with the local fishermen and hear some of their amazing stories. You’ll be fishing there for about two hours where the fishermen will teach you different fishing methods. They’ll show you how to use a fishing line, how to throw the fishing net, and how to set up traps to catch crawfish. And, just if you were wondering, you can get the fish that you catch. After the trip, a cold coconut drink will be offered to you in La Boquilla beach, and if you want, you can prepare the fish you caught at a restaurant, under the instruction of a local cook (at an additional charge).
Duration: 2 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Changes on the tour may occur due to external factors. These changes will be notified to you with anticipation.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.