- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Experience magical realism with Gabriel Garcia Marquez's Cartagena audio guide. A historical, cultural and literary tour based on the life and work of "Gabo", the Nobel Prize winner, one of the most read authors in every language.
Discover the city's mysteries with a mixture of reality and fiction through the words of this brilliant writer, with audios that evoke his life and the characters in his novels.
The map with street names will guide you to each station and will help you enjoy the city and keep you located.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Excellent value for money
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Ideal choice for families
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All necessary equipment included
- Fully narrated tour
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Private tour
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Cartagena, Cartagena, Cartagena District, Bolivar Department
Monday to Sunday - 8am to 6pm
Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s Cartagena is a walking audio tour of the Historic Center of Cartagena de Indias. In an exciting historical, cultural and literary journey, based on the Magical Realism of our Nobel Prize for Literature and the true stories of Gabo’s life in the city.
Through this audio tour, mysterious aspects of the city that have been transformed into imaginary stories in the works of this great writer are discovered. Cartagena in the literary universe of Gabo, gives us an extraordinary view of the importance of the city in the seventeenth, eighteenth, nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
The research, development and production of the Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s Cartagena audio tour had the approval and support of the Gabriel García Márquez Foundation for a New Iberoamerican Journalism, FNPI.
The tour last 3 hours and has a total of 35 stations, divided in 12 squares and 23 streets with stories inside the walled city. The customer selects the time to devote to this audio tour. Each station has individual narrations, so the selection of streets and squares can be selected freely because they are not interlaced.
Languages: Spanish, English, French, German and Italian.
• Content developed by historians specifically for Gabriel Garcia Marquez's Cartagena audio guide
• Voice over narration with music and sound effects
• 35 stations with support images that will help you identify the places being referenced
• Illustrated map of the Walled City with reference pointsThere are special programs for conventions and incentive travel. Travel custom designs to suit the client with the length that is needed and starting from anywhere in the historic center or the hotel where they are staying.
Schedule of tours: Monday to Sunday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and extended to groups of 10 or more.
Once reservation is confirmed, we deliver the equipment in the hotel where you are staying.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 18 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.