- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
A mud volcano is essentially hot spring water combined with volcanic ash which has been pushed up through the earth creating a mound of thick, warm mud. Mud baths have existed for thousands of years and the top spas around the world all offer various related treatments. Many people believe the ash mud is full of incredible healing properties. Whether you believe that or not, floating in a pool of thick, warm mud is a fantastic experience and it makes your skin feel great!
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Fuel surcharge
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
From your Hotel/Vacational Rental
Visit: Hi Cartagena, Calle 32 # 5-9 6to piso, oficina 608, El Centro, Cartagena 130001 Colombia
The Totumo Mud Volcano, located about 30 minutes outside the city, is a 50 foot high mound of naturally warm mud with a pool area built into the top. For only $30 USD, we will take you in shared transport at around and between 8:30am and 9:30am depending on your location, to the Mud Volcano, where, together with your friends, you’ll receive massages while basking in the mud. But watch out you don’t fall asleep – it’s that relaxing!
After the mud bath, and after having your photo taken, you’ll be led by the local women to nearby Manzanillo del Mar Lake (a minute away) to wash it all off. Afterwards, you’ll enjoy the beautiful surroundings while you eat a typical lunch (included) before the shuttle brings you back to the city by 2:30pm.
– Transportation to and from your hotel to Totumo Mud Volcano
– Bath in the warm mud of Totumo Mud Volcano
– Trip to Manzanillo del Mar Lake to wash off all the mud
– A typical Colombia lunch
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.