- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Discover La Boquilla while you support an amazing project: “The project Madres-Cabeza de Familia y sus Cocos (Mothers head of the family and their coconuts).” This association of 7 women starts in 2008 when they enroll a crafts-class sponsored by the NGO ProBoquilla. Nowadays, they produce jewelry, silverware, containers, vases, belts, and accessories made of coconuts, and gladly teach you how to make your own souvenirs.
The process isn’t easy; to produce a handicraft a lot of work and time is required. First, the coconuts must be soaked, cleaned and cut, a process that takes several hours. Second, they have to be polished; harsh labor that must be done with several breaks in between. Despite the time-consuming in the process, it is worth it when you see the final results. The coconut handicrafts are not only interesting because of its process, but the women involved in it. Behind the objects are women with amazing personalities shaped by their life stories.
- Bilingual guide
- Transfer City Centre/La Boquilla/ City Centre
- Introduction to the World of Coconut handcrafts.
- Cold Coconut Refreshment.
- Hand crafted coconut souvenir.
- Entry/Admission - Playas de la Boquilla
- Unspecified food and beverage
- Personal expenses or tips
At the hotel
At the hotel
First, you’ll drive to La Boquilla where you’ll be greeted by the “coconut-ladies” who’ll introduce you to the art of making souvenirs out of coconuts. You will have the opportunity to make your souvenir with prepared pieces of coconut. You’ll also get a cold coconut beverage while working in a rustic restaurant on the beach at La Boquilla.
After you finish your unique handcraft souvenir, you will get the chance to go for a swim in the Caribbean Sea before going back to your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Location: Playas de la Boquilla, Cielo Mar Carrera 9 No. 20-14 Playa la Boquilla, Cartagena 130001 Colombia
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Lunch with Fish: Fried fish with coconut rice, salad and plantain (20.000COP)
- Lunch with Seafood: Seafood stew with coconut rice, salad and plantain (35.000 COP)
- Folklore dance-performance 15-20 min (350.000 COP per performance)
- The order of tour activities may be modified by climatic factors. Please read our terms and conditions page before booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.