- 45 to 60 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
The Spaniards when it was discovered since last year as Cerro la Galera, and its top La Popa de la Galera. The Cerro de La Popa was in the sixteenth century a land covered in very wild jungle plagued by poisonous species in which the inhabitants of Cartagena of the time rarely ventured.
The laws associated with the presence of the devil and the evil spirits in the shape of a goat were also united to the leafy weeds and poisonous animals.
It has the legend that the Augustinian friar Fray Alonso de la Cruz. This allowed him to build a church on the hill of La Popa to end the tributes offered to the evil spirit that lived there. In 1610 the construction works begin.
- Entry/Admission - La Popa Monastery
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
You choose the departure location
Start this visit with a beautiful panoramic view of Cartagena from La Popa Monastery.
From the top of the hilltop almost 150 meters high you can enjoy some truly spectacular panoramic views. You can see the Walled City, the Castle of San Felipe, the skyscrapers of Bocagrande, the slums and the bays that make up the coast of Cartagena.
Then you can walk by its beautiful principal yard and visit the church admiring its magnificence.
1. To do this visit is necessary to take a transportation.
2. You can get the entrances in Bóveda number 3 and show your reservation number
3. Please wear sunscreen, comfortable clothes and drink plenty of water
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.