- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Combining history with our Caribbean flavor, we will take you to essential places in town to delight you with the best typical food of Cartagena, and take you to enjoy from local fruits to fried snacks and traditional soups
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Expert guide in the language of your preference
- Entry tickets to attractions mentioned.
- Entry/Admission - Mercado Bazurto
- Entry/Admission - Bairro Getsemani
- Unspecified food or beverage
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up service from most of the Cartagena hotels. Please provide your exact pick-up location
At the hotel
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cartagena colombia, Cl 53A, Cartagena, Provincia de Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
This tour is full of Caribbean flavor and history; you will go sightseeing around the city and enjoying the top local dishes of Cartagena. Delight yourself with local fruits, fried snacks, and traditional soups.
You will be picked up at your hotel to take you to Manga neighborhood, where you will be able to see how locals prepare one of the most craved fried snacks: the arepa de huevo (Fried Corn cakes stuffed with egg). You will join the meal with a refreshing beverage: Kola Roman soda (created in 1865 in Cartagena), tasty rice chicha (a fermented rice beverage), Pony Malta (a sweet sparkling malt beverage) or coffee.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mercado Bazurto, Av Pedro De Heredia, Cartagena 130001 Colombia
After this first stop, you will visit the Bazurto market, where you will have the opportunity to buy and taste recently harvested fruits and known outside the wall of Cartagena. From here, you will continue to the city center, where you will walk to one of the most famous bakeries in town: Pan de Bono's corner, where you can try a delicious Pan de Bono (cassava flour bread) or a tasty pastry accompanied with a local fruit juice.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bairro Getsemani, Cartagena Colombia
After the snacks, you will continue walking to La Torre del Reloj to Getsemani neighborhood, going through Calle Larga, Plaza del Pozo, Plaza de la Trinidad, Calle del Guerrero. Then, you will arrive at a place to take your delicious typical lunch, having options like fish sancocho (fish soup), sancocho trifasico (soup with three types of meat), chicken, or Posta Negra (Colombian-Style Black beef). In this place, surrounded by locals, you will taste homemade food from Cartagena.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable clothing
- This tour IS NOT available on local holidays and Mondays
- Street snacks are subject to availability
- Our tours are customizable.If you decide to spend more time at a stop you may do so, but have in mind that our tours are time-based so schedule and further stops will have to be modified or excluded.
- Let us know if you have any special diet or food allergies
- Please read our cancellation policy
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.