- 12 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Beaches, mangroves, coral reefs and reefs are part of the jungle landscape that adorns the Tayrona National Park, one of the most important attractions that Santa Marta has, where the jungle meets the sea.
This natural reserve of crystalline waters, white sand and surreal dawns is considered one of the most beautiful bays in America, a peaceful and ideal place, full of natural charm, where the sound of the sea and the pure mountain air converge
- Typical Lunch
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Any thing that doesnt have mencioned here
- Unspecified and / or personal expenses
At your hotel
One of our representatives will pick you up at the hotel to take you on a half an hour drive from Santa Marta to Calabozo, in the Natural National Park Tayrona, a reserve of 15,000 hectares.
Here, you will be taken for a hike through the mountains and tropical forests to the area of Chairama, a wonderfull place where you can see the archaeological vestiges of Tayrona the indigenous culture and enjoy a magical place surrounded by nature and beauty species of birds and others animals
Then, you will descend to Cañaveral, passing by Cabo San Juan de Guia, the natural pool and Arrecifes.
In the afternoon we will return to the hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code: Wear comfortable cotton clothing, sunglasses, hat or a cap and tennis; sunscreen and insect repellent (Aerosols are not allowed)
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- For the conditions of the route and the level of physical condition that it demands from visitors it is not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions and pregnant women
- It is necessary that you have the yelow fever vaccination
- For the entry to the park just we can conffirm the reservation with all personal data of the passengers: Name and Lastname, ID number, date of birth and nationality.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
We took this tour on a Wednesday in mid-April. The weather in Santa Marta was around 85 F and the humidity was about 70, which is normal for the area. It had rained the day before we went and, therefore, the ground was often muddy or slippery. We found this tour to be very difficult for us due to the steep terrain, the condition of the trail unmaintained, frequent horse droppings, no guard rails, no hand grips and our own physical condition my husband and I are both over 60 years old and while we walk frequently, we dont often hike. We were asked when someone called to confirm the tour if we could walk for 7 hours. We said yes, but this was no walk in the park. We still have black and blue toes three weeks later - and that was with hiking boots on.
It took us 3 hours to get to the Publito and another 3 hours to get to the restaurant at El Cabo beach since we required frequent rest stops. Our guide said most people make it to the restaurant by 1:00 most hikers we saw were under 40 years old though. Our guide, Alvaro, was very patient with us, pointed out interesting plants and animals and made helpful suggestions on foot placement in tackling the rugged terrain.
The beaches were beautiful, lunch was delicious, especially the pina juice, and we hired horses to get us out of the park because we were too sore to walk out on our own.