- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
The tour begins with a guided visit to the Pescador de Letras Charity, which takes in 118 children from La Boquilla and provides them with education, complementary activities and food. After this, the participants head to the docks, where they will take a canoe tour through the mangroves. They have the option of staying for lunch (not included) on the beach or heading back to the city.
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Food and drinks
Pick up at the hotel.
• Visit of the foundation Pescador de Letras located in one of the poorest parts of Cartagena , La Boquilla.
• The Mangroves Tour leads us to the small fishermen village La Boquilla and we highly recommend it for nature lovers.
• After arriving in La Boquilla (about 30 minutes from the city center), we will get on our canoe and cross the mangrove forest and the lagoon Cienaga de Juan Polo. We go through some natural mangrove tunnels. At the lagoon, we will see fishermen working. The perfect word for describing this gorgeous scenario is peace. The mangrove forest offers great flora and fauna. Among other things, we may see different species of birds and crabs and with a little luck, a coon or a green parrot may appear on the riverbanks.
• We will get to a restaurant, where we can have lunch (not included). Typical local dish: fried fish with coconut rice, plantain and salad. After lunch, we can take a dip in the Caribbean Sea or relax on the beach.
Duration: Approximately 4 hours
Includes: Guide, one (1) bottle of water, donation to the foundation, land transportation to and from the mangrove canoe tour.
Recommendations: Use of sunblock, comfortable clothes and shoes and constant hydration. Ideal for active people without mobility limitations and for children 10+ years old.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 10 years
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.