- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
It is a famous municipality in the department of Magdalena, located 25km from the city of Santa Marta, and was an important part of the inspiration of Nobel Gabriel García Marquez for his works.
- Typical Lunch
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Any thing that doesnt have mencioned here
- Unspecified and / or personal expenses
At your hotel
One of our representatives will wait for you at your hotel to take you on a one hour and a half drive from Santa Marta to Aracataca , Gabo’s home town.
A tour on Tuc-Tuc will take us around the Railway Station, the Sculpture of Remedios the beautiful levitating to the skies, el Camellón of the almond trees, the Montessori School where he studied, the building of the Masonic Grand Lodge, the Remedios the Beautiful Library, the Commissary of the United Fruit Company, the House-Museum (set inside Gabo’s maternal grandparents house), the Bolivar Square and the Telegrapher’s House.
Return to Santa Marta.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- It's important that you keep in mind, that this is a cultural tour in a small town of Colombia so you wont find a basic infrastructure in this place
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.