- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Learn all about Colombia's famous emerald industry during this tour to 2 prestigious jewelers in Cartagena. Experts introduce you to Pre-Columbian jewels and famous emeralds from the Chibcha, Calima, and Tayrona cultures, and explain what make the gemstones so valuable.
- Professional guide emerald tour
- Bottled water or Coffee
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from most Cartagena hotels
- Souvenir (Emerald necklace)
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most Cartagena hotels
Pickup from your hotel brings you to 2 of the most recognized jewelers in Cartagena, where professionals tell you about the industry. Colombian emeralds are considered to be the purest emeralds in the world, mined from deposits in sedimentary rock rather than igneous rock. The country's emerald industry accounts for more than 80 percent of the gemstone's global market. Discover what makes these stones so special as you peruse raw and beautifully cut emeralds in each store.
During your tour, your expert guides also show you gold jewelry and emeralds from the Pre-Columbian period, when emeralds were considered to be one of the world's most valuable jewels. Also get the chance to see beautifully made pendants, necklaces, and other precious accessories from the Chibcha, Calima, and Tayrona cultures. At the end of your tour, depart with a small emerald pendant on a silver chain as a souvenir.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 02 people per booking is required
- Roundtrip transporation is available from most centrally located Cartagena hotels. Please send an email with your hotel information to coordinate your pick up.
- Hours of operation are 9 AM–7 PM. You will arrange your exact tour departure time directly with the local tour operator after booking.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.