- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Just 20 minutes outside of downtown Cartagena's "Old City" lies a well-hidden but must-see spot: This energetic, colorful, and unique market feels less touristy than El Centro, but that's the point! And folks, hard at work selling their merchandise, are always happy to see new faces pop by! Here you can buy a big bag of passion fruit, redsnapper, a bowl of fried rice with local crab, and pretty much anything else your heart desires! Anthony Bourdain came and filmed here - he was impressed and you will be, too.
it's full of pungent smells, loud sounds, and a handful of 'unique' foods: like the ¨PONCHE¨ or capybara for sale. No pressure to eat! Join us for a fun excursion you wouldn't normally find with a tour bus.
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Fruits and snacks to go, souvenirs, and personal purchases not included in tour.
Pick up from the Lobby of your hotel, seaport, and airport, Monument/Building upon Traveler's request
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
you'll head back to your hotel, cruise ship, airport, or elsewhere.
• Location options: Address or pick-up intersection upon traveler's request, airport, cruise ship port, hotel
• Meeting location: Pick up from the lobby of your hotel, seaport, and/or airport
• End location: Finally, you'll head back to your hotel, cruise ship, or elsewhereItinerary
• Drive to Mercado de Bazurto
• Walk through the market, check out the fish and seafood area
• Talk to local vendors abou the history of Bazurto and their role in it
• Check out the handcraft and artisan parts of the market
• Try fresh Colombian fruit and taste the wonderful fruit drinks/smoothies afterwards
• Plenty of time for walking and talking, learning about our culture and our famous music from the coast (Hint: it starts with "Ch...")
• And we'll end the tour with samples of Cartagena's most typical meals. (coconut rice, plantains with local syrup, rice with local crab)
• End location: Finally, you'll head back to your hotel, cruise ship, or elsewhere.Transportation Method:
• Vehicle in excellent condition with full air conditioner, 2016 What's Included:
• Private vehicle
• Juice, fruits and food samples
• WaterWhat's Extra
• Fruits and snacks to go, souvenirs, and personal purchases not included in tour.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 12 years
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- No pets allowed
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.