- 9 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
The Local Means of Transport Rout is the tour for those who are looking to live new experiences and learn about the culture, and customs of the coffee region.
- Get inside tips from a local
- All necessary equipment included
- Hotel pickup included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private transport from Pereira by Willys Jeep (Traditional transport of the Coffee Region)
- We pick up and drop off the participants at the hotel or airport of Pereira.
- Hydration (a bottle of water)
- Transport by "Brujita" and "Garrucha"
- Mountain bike hire: 26”, 27,5” or 29” rim, made entirely of aluminium, Shimano® gears and front suspension.
- Safety helmet hire.
- Technical and safety instruction.
- Waterproof layer in case of rain.
- Digital photos of the activity.
- Insurance for adventure activities/medical assistance card.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) guide specialized in nature and adventure activities.
- Air transportation to Pereira City.
- Expenses and services not specified in the plan.
Centrally located hotels in Pereira or Pereira Airport
7:00am or 8:00am
We will go by Jeep Willys to the start point, outside of Pereira. You will ride through coffee cultivations in the Andes Mountains and descend to one of the most important rivers in Colombia – the Cauca River.
You will then embark the “Brujita” – a unique transportation system that has a wooden platform and ball bearings that displace over the rails of the antique train track – an emotion-filled journey.
Next, take another native Colombian transportation system called “Garrucha” that is a basket made of metal and wood that hangs from steel cables which allows you to cross the Cauca River to reach the banks of a town named Belalcazar, Caldas. Rest and walk approximately 30 minutes to a series of waterfalls, the ideal place to swim in cool, pristine waters.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wear light, comfortable clothing (Dry-Fit or cotton t-shirt, shorts or waterproof trousers, and a light jacket if you think you might be bothered by some mild cold).
- Wear suitable shoes for cycling and/or walking (closed shoes such as sports shoes or boots; no sandals).
- Bring a small backpack.
- Other optional items to bring: a hat, sunglasses, sunblock, insect repellent.
- Avoid excessive drinking the day before.
- Avoid staying up too late the night before.
- Do not take or buy alcoholic beverages or hallucinogenic substances on the trip.
- Do not drop litter or take flora and fauna home.
- Follow the requests and recommendations of the guides who accompany you on the tour.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Great tour. The guide was very informative and helpful. Each part of this tour was really fun. From the jeep ride to the bikes to the railroad cart powered by a motorcycle to the hand pulled container for the river crossing and lunch. We had a fantastic adventure! Loved it