- 3 days (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy 2 nights in a traditional coffee farm, located in the mountains, splashed with colors from our coffee landscape. An ideal tour for those who want to live a pleasant experience.
- Get inside tips from a local
- All necessary equipment included
- Hotel pickup included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Small-group tour
- Accommodation in rural houses or coffee farms.
- Private transport from Pereira by Willys Jeep (Traditional transport of the Coffee Region)
- Pick up and drop-off from hotel or airport in Pereira
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Mountain bike hire: 26”, 27,5” or 29” rim
- Safety helmet hire.
- Technical and safety instruction
- Waterproof layer in case of rain
- Digital photos of the activity
- Insurance for adventure activities/medical assistance card
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) guide specialized in nature and adventure activities
- Air transportation to Pereira City
- Expenses and services not specified in the plan
Hotels in Pereira
Day 1: Meet in Pereira. Transfer to Coffee Farm. (L, D)
Pickup time: After 1:00 p.m.
You will go by Jeep Willys to the coffee farm, outside of Pereira. This afternoon, you will experience everything about Colombian Coffee, the icon of our country. Every sense will come alive to listen to, smell, see, and taste one of the best coffees in the world.
Day 2: Estación Pereira – The Route of the Local Means of Transport. (B, L, D)
Wake up early to experience everything about Colombian coffee, the icon of our country. Every sense will come alive to listen to, smell, see and taste one of the best coffees in the world. Later, ride a bike through coffee cultivation in the Andes Mountains and descend to one of the most important rivers in Colombia, the Cauca River. There, embark the “Brujita” a unique transportation system that has a wooden platform and ball bearings that displace over the rails of the antique train track, an emotion-filled journey.
Next, take another native Colombian transportation system called “Garrucha” that is a basket made of metal and wood that hangs from steel cables which allows you to cross the Cauca River to reach the banks of a town named Belalcazar, Caldas. Rest and walk approximately 30 minutes to a series of waterfalls, the ideal place to swim in cool, pristine waters.
To complete the day, lunch is a delicious chicken soup “Sancocho”, a typical dish from our country.
Day 3: Valle de Cocora and Salento – Hiking in the Cradle of the Wax Palm. (B, L)
Discover and hike one of the most beautiful and interesting routes in the Coffee Region. Tropical woods surrounded by Wax Palm Trees, the beautiful sound of birds, and an unparalleled landscape that leads to the Home of the Hummingbirds, a nature reserve that will touch you with its wings.
Learn about the biodiversity of the cloud forests, the animals that live here, and the importance of this ecosystem for our region. After seeping yourself in nature, visit Salento, a village filled with charm and magic, with colorful balconies, artisan stores, culture, and a history that will take you on a journey to the past.
To recharge batteries, there’s nothing better than a traditional lunch of trout and fried plantain.
You will begin the drive back to the airport or hotel in Pereira at 4:00 p.m.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Recommendations: Wear light, comfortable clothing (Dry-Fit or cotton t-shirt, shorts or waterproof trousers, and a light jacket if you think you might be bothered by some mild cold).
- Wear suitable shoes for cycling and/or walking (closed shoes such as sports shoes or boots; no sandals)
- Bring a small backpack
- Other optional items to bring: a hat, sunglasses, sunblock, insect repellent
- Avoid excessive drinking the day before
- Avoid staying up too late the night before
- Do not take or buy alcoholic beverages or hallucinogenic substances on the trip
- Do not drop litter or take flora and fauna home
- Follow the requests and recommendations of the guides who accompany you on the tour
- Mountain bike hire: 26”, 27,5” or 29” rim, made entirely of aluminium, Shimano® gears and front suspension. Safety helmet hire
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.