- 7 days (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
This experience in the coffee cultural landscape will allow you to enjoy traditional, regional foods prepared with fresh products of the region, spend time with coffee farmers and live their daily lives, sleep in local accommodations, rural coffee farms, and feel the joy that is spread by the country and its people. The best private tour for the adventurous, those who are looking to live new experiences and learn, first hand, about nature, the culture, and customs of the region that lives the life of coffee farming.
- Get inside tips from a local
- All necessary equipment included
- Hotel pickup included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Accommodation in rural houses or coffee farms.
- Private transport from Pereira by Willys Jeep (Traditional transport of the Coffee Region)
- Pick up and drop-off the participants at the hotel or airport of Pereira.
- All meals
- Snacks and hydration (water)
- Mountain bike hire: 26”, 27,5” or 29” rim
- Safety helmet hire.
- Technical and safety instruction
- Waterproof layer in case of rain
- Souvenir and digital photos of the activity
- Hotel insurance and taxes
- Insurance for adventure activities/medical assistance card
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) guide specialized in nature and adventure activities
- Air transportation to Pereira City
- Expenses and services not specified in the plan
Hotels in Pereira
Difficulty level: 6 - 7 of 10 (medium/high)
Day 1: Meet in Pereira. Transfer to Coffee Farm. (D)
Pickup time: After 1:00 p.m.
You will go by Jeep Willys to the coffee farm, outside of Pereira. This afternoon, you will experience everything about Colombian Coffee, the icon of our country. Every sense will come alive to listen to, smell, see, and taste one of the best coffees in the world.
Day 2: Estación Pereira – The Route of the Local Means of Transport (B, L, D)
Ride a bike through coffee cultivations in the Andes Mountains and descend to one of the most important rivers in Colombia – the Cauca River. There, embark the “Brujita” and a " Garrucha" – a native Colombian transportation -. Rest and walk approximately 30 minutes to a series of waterfalls, the ideal place to swim in cool, pristine waters.
Day 3: Ulloa/Quimbaya – The Route of the Beautiful Valley (B, L, D)
You will ride through three of the four departments that are part of the world heritage site, the Coffee Cultural Landscape, declared by UNESCO. It’s a day of changing landscapes that allow you to appreciate the agricultural, cultural and natural wealth of the Coffee Region.
Day 4: Filandia – The Route to the Quindío Lookout (B, L, D)
This route, surrounded by coffee and plantain cultivations, will lead us to the municipality of Filandia, a small coffee producing, artisan village. In the afternoon, visit some artisan stores and walk through the streets of this traditional village.
Day 5: Valle de Cocora y Salento – The Route of the Wax Palm Tree (B, L, D)
Ride to Salento, famous for its original architecture represented in the Colonial houses and balconies of the town, as well as its artisan shops. After eating a delicious and typical lunch, perusing the streets of this beautiful town, then go to the Valle de Cocora, the door to Los Nevados National Natural Park.
Day 6: Return to Pereira – Route of Happiness (B, L, D)
Return to Pereira riding on a part of the highway, then on a rural road that will weave through many rural populations whose main economic activity is based on agriculture. You will be surrounded by eucalyptus trees, then cultivations – plantain, onion, tomato, and other vegetables, until you arrive to the city.
Day 7: Pereira – Transfer (B)
You have a free morning to enjoy the farm, surrounded by the beautiful sound of bird and an unparalleled landscape. You will begin the drive back to the airport or hotel in Pereira at 11:00am
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Recommendations:Wear light, comfortable clothing (Dry-Fit or cotton t-shirt, shorts or waterproof trousers, and a light jacket if you think you might be bothered by some mild cold)
- Wear suitable shoes for cycling and/or walking (closed shoes such as sports shoes or boots; no sandals)
- Bring a small backpack
- Other optional items to bring: a hat, sunglasses, sunblock, insect repellent
- Avoid excessive drinking the day before
- Avoid staying up too late the night before
- Do not take or buy alcoholic beverages or hallucinogenic substances on the trip
- Do not drop litter or take flora and fauna home
- Follow the requests and recommendations of the guides who accompany you on the tour
- Mountain bike hire: 26”, 27,5” or 29” rim, made entirely of aluminium, Shimano gears and front suspension
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
This was the perfect combination of adventure and relaxation. I felt like I was visiting a family member who was just showing me around their country, as it was an incredibly local experience. We would ride the bikes in the morning for a few hours, stop for a delicious lunch at a local restaurant, and spend the rest of the afternoon exploring the town. You learn everything from the variety of coffee beans that exist, to how Colombia's political environment has shaped it's culture. I felt right at home with my guide, and he really made an effort to make it as special as possible. I love avocados, and he always made sure to point out the avocado trees on our rides, and even made sure to have one purchased for lunch in case the restaurant didn't offer any! Little things like that make the trip so special : I would recommend this trip to anyone who is really looking for a true local experience in a breathtaking area of Colombia.