- 3 days (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Experience the Andean thermal floors, get to know the Paramo ecosystem and, the marvels of tropical glaciers in this astonishing 3-day hike in the Colombian Coffee Region.
- 2x Breakfast
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Hotel pick-up
- Certified mountain guide
- Accomodation as specified in the program
- Insurance Policy
- Meals specified in the program
- Water purification during the trek
- Entry/Admission - Valle del Cocora
- Entry/Admission - Lake Otun
- Entry/Admission - Nevado Santa Isabel
- Unspecified food or beverage
- Rental equipment
- Mule or porter
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up service from your hotel in Salento or Pereira. Please enter your pick up details and location.
At the hotel
Day 1: Salento - Cocora Valley
Stop At: Valle del Cocora, Salento Colombia
Leaving Salento at 6:00 am in a Jeep “Willis”, the typical transportation of the coffee region, you will head to Cocora Valley. Starting at an altitude of 2.390meters you will enter the forest among the tall Wax Palm trees. The first ascent goes as far 3.400meters high to the lookout where we will stop for a trail lunch. Afterward, you will visit the Paramo and "Alto de la Amargura" at 4.000m; the highest point of this day. If weather conditions allow it, you will be able to see Paramillo del Quindio and Nevado del Tolima. After a break, you will continue descending to Finca El Berlin ( 3.700m), for 6 to 8km more where you will spend the night.
Duration: 6 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: El Berlin Farm
Day 2: Laguna de Otún
Stop At: Lake Otun, Via al Parque Nacional Los Nevados, Pereira Colombia
After a typical countryside breakfast, you will get ready to visit Laguna del Otun at 3.900m. Here you will have a stop for a trail lunch while enjoying the view of the snowy peaks, waterfalls, and the numerous Frailejones. After lunch, you will hike to the lookout point called La Asomadera at 4.100m getting closer to Nevado Santa Isabel until the National Park Cabin Called "Potosi". Finally, you will finish the day descending to a farmer's house called Campo Alegre at 3900m.
Duration: 6 hours
Accommodation included: Campo Alegre Farm
Day 3: Nevado de Santa Isabel - Manizales or Salento
Stop At: Nevado Santa Isabel, Pereira Colombia
at 6:30 am a 4x4 car will pick up the group for a 40min drive until Conejeras, where you will start the hike at 4200m. It will take around 4hrs to ascend to the glacier's border of Santa Isabel at 4800m. There the group will stay for 1hr before descending to the car again to Manizales. On this day you have a trail lunch and a meal in Manizales. You have the choice of staying in Manizales or returning to Salento.
Duration: 4 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- THINGS TO BRING:
- Water Canteen.
- Warm and comfortable clothes and gloves
- Waterproof clothing
- Hiking boots
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Please note that hiking at high altitudes is a demanding activity and that it is not recommended to perform these activities right after an arrival from a low altitude city.
- Maximum altitude of this hike is 4950 MASL.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour ends in Manizales or Salento
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.