- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Walk through the Monteverde Cloud Forest canopy via multiple hanging bridges and observe the majesty of nature over the course of a peaceful hike.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Ideal choice for families
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission - Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
The Tree Top Walkways consist of a 1.9 mile (approximately 3km) trail that crosses through the Monteverde Cloud Forest. Here, you will walk on eight different bridges with various lengths ranging between 150 feet (50 meters) up to 510 feet (170 meters) and altitudes ranging between 36 feet (12 meters) up to 180 feet (60 meters).
Each bridge has a width of five feet, the widest bridges in Costa Rica, and also a capacity of up to 80 people per bridge making them both the longest and strongest bridge systems in the Monteverde Cloud Forest. The Tree Top Walkways are suitable for people of all ages, with the duration of the hike usually taking between 1.5 and 2 hours.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You get to guide yourself on this tour and go at your own pace. This is a great spot for photos but I recommend getting a paid driver or shuttle. The road up is dirt with many potholes and no railing by the cliff side. The drive is intense but the park is very nice. Try to eat somewhere along the way as the restaurant onsite is VERY expensive!
Another great costa rican experience, with a great guide !
I would certainly recommand this activity for people or families with young children who enjoy to learn more about the country's animals and vegetation, and who can appreciate an easy and peaceful walk in the canopy !