- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
If you are looking for an extreme Costa Rica Canopy Adventure tour, this is your best choice. It offers zip-lines through the trees, as well as exploration via hanging bridges.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Family friendly
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
This zip-line portion of this canopy tour starts by the instructors harnessing you with all the appropriate safety equipment, after which they will lecture you on all the safety procedures in order to enjoy this amazing adventure with a motto of “Safety First”. You will then be flying through 12 cables and 18 platforms with an optional Tarzan Swing at the end. The portion of the adventure usually takes between 2.5 and 3 hours, and can be done by adventurers from ages 4 and older. It is a safe adventure for everyone although restrictions may apply.
The Tree Top Walkways consist of a 1.9 mile (approximately 3km) trail that crosses through the Monteverde Cloud Forest. Here, visitors will walk on eight different bridges with various lengths ranging between 150 feet (50 meters) up to 510 feet (170 meters) and altitudes ranging between 36 feet (12 meters) up to 180 feet (60 meters). Each bridge has a width of five feet, the widest bridges in Costa Rica, and also a capacity of up to 80 people per bridge making them both the longest and strongest bridge systems in the Monteverde Cloud Forest. The Tree Top Walkways are suitable for people of all ages, with the duration of the hike usually taking between 1.5 and 2 hours.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Literally zipping through the clouds! Can't beat anything ever experienced! Yes - there's a considerable amount of walking/hiking involved.. consider getting a good pair of sneakers or walking shoes.. it gets heavy with the harness.. but all in all an experience not to be missed!
The first person that I talked to on my tour was a cashier as we walked in the building. I wish that I had got her name because she was amazing! She took time to explain the park to me, give me history on the area and tell me all about the various things to explore while in Monteverde. We also were met by a friendly man at the locker area who was great about helping hold some of our personal effects. 1 star rating for both their awesomeness and 1 star for the humming bird park. Everything else about our tour was disappointing for the following reasons:
1. The zip lines are congested. Basically most the ziplines were short and slow.
2. When we got off a zip line to a new area we would get in a long line of people to wait to get on the next short zipline.
3. The equipment is old and poorly maintained. My family loves to zipline, we've been to a lot of places. This equipment was old, my harness was fraying all over the edges and the pulley I was given didn't spin at all. The staff had newer equipment and I suspect that they paid for it themselves.
4. The guides were grouchy. I can understand why they were grouchy too. They had to keep moving one person after the next as fast as they could to keep the lines moving.
The Selvatura park itself is beautiful and I would advise people to go and do the sky bridges, the reptile park, and the hummingbird park. The ziplines here are a complete waste of money.
Great facilities, friendly guides and excellent course. recommend upgrading to the superman option on last run. Was very pleased with customer service at Salvatura, due to a booking date error that was my fault. No hassles, they rescheduled us even though they could've easily made me eat cost.