- 6 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Experience an extreme adventure with a combination of a canopy tour and the hanging bridges walk on this 6.5-hour guided adventure. Also included in the package is a visit to one of the biggest butterfly gardens in Costa Rica and enjoy the view of hummingbirds fluttering around you. If you are looking for extreme adventures and amazing rides, Selvatura Park's canopy and hanging bridges tour is your best choice.
- Family friendly
- All necessary equipment included
- All entrance fees included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Selvatura Park
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from Hotels located in Monteverde
Returns to original departure point
Be picked up from your Monteverde or Santa Elena hotel in morning or afternoon and head to Selvatura Park which contains one of the longest, if not the longest, canopy tour in Costa Rica. Once there, your tour guide will start by dressing you with the appropriate equipment, then they will take you through each of the 15 cables and 18 platforms and optionally through the park's very own Tarzan Swing.
Outstanding structures that take you into new heights such as Selvatura's Treetop Walkway, a 1.9 mile (approximately 3 kilometer) trail that crosses through the cloud forest, in which visitors will walk through eight different bridges from various lengths ranging between 150 feet (50 meters) up to 510 feet (170 meters) and altitudes ranging between 36 feet (12 meters) up to 180 feet (60 meters). Each of the bridges feature a five foot width, the widest ones in the country, and also a capacity of up to 80 people per bridge making them both the longest and strongest bridge system in Costa Rica. The treetop walkways are suitable for people of all ages and physical condition.
Afterward, venture into exploring a different world, a world of butterflies, a world in which a controlled climate provides the best temperature, of 82.4º F (28º C), for its inhabitants to survive. Explore a community that gathers more than 20 species of butterflies. Learn about their life cycle, their special abilities and behaviors that have helped them evolve into each different species. Enjoy the guided walk inside one of the world's largest live butterfly exhibitions with an area of over 29,000 square feet (2,700 square meters). Come and enjoy all the wonders that you may discover in this marvelous world that waits for you.
At the hummingbird garden, these dazzling birds will zoom around in your memories forever. Visitors will observe more than 14 different species of hummingbirds including a few species that are not commonly seen in other areas of Monteverde. The relaxing waterfalls and the beautiful natural floral arrangements provide a perfect setting for natural photography lovers. The hummingbird garden is also a perfect picnic area.
You will be taken back to your accommodations after your adventure.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not suitable during pregnancy and for people with walking difficulties
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.