- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Designed to introduce visitors to the incredible world of bats, The Bat Jungle in Monteverde offers a world class bat exhibit where live bats fly through a simulated jungle environment.
- Entry/Admission - The Bat Jungle
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
The Bat Jungle, Monteverde
The Bat Jungle is open from 09:00 am to 4:30pm
Visit: The Bat Jungle, Monteverde, Province of Puntarenas
• Bat Exhibition
• Open from 09:00am to 4:30pm
• Transportation is not inclued.90 live bats of 8 species in an enclosure 17m (57ft) in length
Our bats fly, eat, socialize, nurse their babies and even give birth right before your eyes
Exhibit features a special ultrasonic microphone that allows visitors to hear bats echolocating (biosonar) and socializing in real time
Designed and operated by Dr. Richard K. Laval, a well known bat biologist. In 2000 Meg and Richard, along with Bob Carlson and Susana Salas, discussed building a mini-mall to host several tourist businesses. LaVal said, “No go unless we have a live bat exhibit.” With advice from friends, associates, researchers, and zoos, the Bat Jungle opened its doors in 2006.
Located in the heart of old Monteverde, one of Costa Rica’s top attractions!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is recommended that you bring light clothing, comfortable shoes, hat, suntan lotion, Insect repellent and a camera
- Child until 06 years are free
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.