- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
You will visit one of the biggest Butterfly gardens in Costa Rica, the insects exhibition.
- Tour guide
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
10:00 am - 12:30 pm - 14:30 pm - 16:00 pm Approximately
A visit of rigor for all those who visit the area of Monteverde! The education center contains the Rain Forest Jewels exhibit, owned by biologist Richard Whitten, one of the world's largest private collections of insects!
Dr. Whitten has combined natural history and art in a unique way which inspires visitors to appreciate these wonderful creatures that are arthropods, from a craft perspective totally unlike any exhibition that can be found.
Our visitors will receive a guided tour where they will learn about the biodiversity of arthropods around the world, with a special emphasis on the formidable, and fantastic, tiny creatures of the Monteverde and Costa Rica area.
A Different World... A World of butterflies, venture into exploring a different world. A world in which a controlled climate provides the best temperature, of 82.4º F (28º C), for its inhabitants to survive. Explore a community that gathers more than 20 species of butterflies. Learn about their life cycle, their special abilities and behaviors that have helped them evolve into each different species. Enjoy the guided walk inside one of the world's largest live butterfly exhibitions with an area of over 29,000 square feet (2,700 square meters). Come and enjoy all the wonders that you may discover in this marvelous world that waits for you.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you have not booked a hotel yet, you are required to provide this information to the local operator as soon as possible after your purchase.
- You must be 30 minutes before the pickup in the lobby of the hotel.
- Submit Voucher payment
- What to bring: Comfortable clothing, Closed shoes, Rain jacket, Water, Insect repellent.
- IMPORTANT: If you do not have the two passengers at least, the tour is canceled.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.