- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
The insects exhibition. A reptile and amphibian exhibition in which you will be able to see some of the most beautiful live specimens of lizards, snakes and frogs rescued and gathered from all over Costa Rica.
- Tour guide
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
10:00 am - 12:30 pm - 14:30 pm - 16:00 pm Approximately
A visit of rigor for all those who visit the area of Monteverde! The education center contains the Rain Forest Jewels exhibit, owned by biologist Richard Whitten, one of the world's largest private collections of insects!
Dr. Whitten has combined natural history and art in a unique way which inspires visitors to appreciate these wonderful creatures that are arthropods, from a craft perspective totally unlike any exhibition that can be found.
Our visitors will receive a guided tour where they will learn about the biodiversity of arthropods around the world, with a special emphasis on the formidable, and fantastic, tiny creatures of the Monteverde and Costa Rica area.
Inside the Reptiles and Amphibians exhibition our visitors will find frogs, lizards, geckos, snakes and many more types of reptiles and amphibians from over 30 different species. In this guided tour, our visitors will be able to observe live specimens within terrariums with controlled climates which provide these creatures with environments similar to their habitats found in nature. During this tour our visitors will learn about the habits of both tree frogs, terrestrial frogs and toads as well as the differences between each of these families. You will also learn about snake behaviors, their eating habits and their role within each ecosystem.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you have not booked a hotel yet, you are required to provide this information to the local operator as soon as possible after your purchase.
- You must be 30 minutes before the pickup in the lobby of the hotel.
- Submit Voucher payment
- What to bring: Comfortable clothing, Closed shoes, Rain jacket, Water, Insect repellent.
- IMPORTANT: If you do not have the two passengers at least, the tour is canceled.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.