- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
If you’ve always wanted to experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course. It only takes a few days and lasts for a lifetime!
To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course you must be 10 years old or older, have adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health.
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
- Snacks and Beverages included
- All necessary equipment included
- Light refreshments on board
- PADI Instructor
- PADI Open Water Certification
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Gratuities for Instructor and Boat Captain/Crew (recommended)
Centrally located meeting point
Course start and completion times are flexible and subject to individual/group conditions.
Sea Dives depart by 8:30am and meet time is 7:30am at the dive center.
Returns to original departure point
Over the Open Water Course you will complete:
• 5 Pool Dives (Usually conducted over 1 or 2 visits to the pool)
• 4 Sea Dives (Over 2 Days) Each Dive is approx 45 minutes
• Swim and Float Assessment (pool)
• 5 Knowledge Development Sections Inc Video Presentations (classroom)
• (e-Learners avoid the classroom by taking this online prior to arrival in Costa Rica)
All Sea Dives start at 7:30am and end at approximately 12:30pm. Travel times to the dive sites are approximately 40 minutes. Pool Dives have flexible start times depending on your availability.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Courses conducted in multiple languages
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.