- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Palo Verde River is a migratory sanctuary for tropical birds and the perfect tour for all ages. Year-round it is home to crocodiles and three types of monkeys, herons, egrets, king fishers, scarlet macaws and nesting ground for crocodiles.
Your tour begins in the morning, with pickup from your Guanacaste beach hotel. Driving an hour and a half, you will pass melon and papaya fields, grown for export from Costa Rica. Once on the river you will spend a couple of hours looking for wildlife and taking photos. After the boat tour, if on the AM tour you will stop to enjoy a typical lunch. If you are on the afternoon tour, you will return to your hotel.
Return to your hotel.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Popular choice with kids
- All entrance fees included
- Wildlife River Boat Tour
- Hot Typical Lunch with natural fruit beverage (*AM TOUR OPTION ONLY)
- Round trip ground transportation from Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco, Playa Ocotal, RIU, Playa Conchal, Playa Flamingo, Portrero, Playa Tamarindo, Playa Grande and Playa Langosta hotels.
- Entry/Admission - Bill Beard's Costa Rica
- Transportation from hotels outside Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco, Playa Ocotal, RIU, Playa Conchal, Playa Flamingo, Portrero, Playa Tamarindo, Playa Grande and Playa Langosta hotels. Please contact us before booking, we may pick up for the same price or additional charge, but check first.
- AFTERNOON BOAT TOUR - LUNCH IS NOT INCLUDED
Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bill Beard's Costa Rica, 331 Calle 472, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna, Bosque del Mar All Suite Beach Resort, Playa Hermosa Costa Rica
Tour down Tempisque River toward Palo Verde in motorized boat. Best chance to view white-faced and howler monkeys, crocs and birds in the Guanacaste region. Lunch and entrance included.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum of 2 persons needed
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Weather permitting. Crew reserves the right to determine if necessary to cancel. If crew cancels, refund or alternate tour will be provided, dependent upon availability
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for wheelchairs
- Not responsible for damage to personal items brought on tour. Bring personal items at your own risk.
- Please be ready and waiting in the lobby of your hotel 15 minutes prior to reconfirmed departure time
- Drivers will not be able to wait for guests who are not ready when they arrive, and tour cost will be forfeited.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.