- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Scuba diving tour (must show proof of dive certification) in Playa Hermosa, Gulf of Papagayo. The dive sites are perfect for beginners, certified divers, and students. Night and long-range dives to the Catalina Islands are offered for certified divers. Advanced Diver Certification is required for long-range dives to the Bat Islands (Park fees are additional if going to Bat Islands).
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Family friendly
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Small-group tour
- Tanks, weights and weight belt
- Snacks on the boat
- Transportation by car from Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco and Playa Ocotal (or boat pickup from beach if more than 6 persons, beach conditions permitting)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels located outside Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco and Playa Ocotal
- Dive Rental Equipment: BCD (buoyancy compensator device), regulator, wetsuit, mask, fins, snorkel, dive computer
- Park entrance fees
Hotels in Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco and Playa Ocotal
Returns to original departure point
The Papagayo area has more than 20 dive sites all near the shore (around 10-20 minutes). Many schooling fish, small critters, sea horses, and sharks can be found around the dive sites.
• #7 Monte Bello, Playa Hermosa Costa Rica
• Playa Ocotal, village that is 3 km south of Playas del Coco Costa Rica
• Bill Beard's Costa Rica, 331 Calle 472, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna, Bosque del Mar All Suite Beach Resort, Playa Hermosa Costa Rica
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive.
- If certified diver has not been diving within past 12 months, dive operator reserves right to refuse to take certified diver unless Refresher Course is taken (at additional charge).
- All passengers must sign waiver/release of liability prior to boarding boat
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some preexisting medical conditions (ie asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Multi-lingual guide: Spanish and English
- A minimum number of people is need per booking for the following tours: 4 people per booking is required for CATALINA ISLAND DIVE TRIP (Long-Range) 4 people per booking is required for NIGHT DIVES 6 people per booking is required for BAT ISLAND DIVE TRIP (Long-Range -- ADVANCED DIVERS ONLY)
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.