- 9 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Discover a paradise on earth along the north side of the majestic Rincon de la Vieja volcano. Explore the lush rainforest, blue rivers, natural mineral hot springs, and 262-foot waterfalls during this nine-hour tour. Prepare to hike, swim, soak, and view amazing flora and fauna native to the private Blue River Park. Bring comfortable clothing, shoes, swimsuit, and camera for this adventure.
- Family friendly
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Lunch included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Fixed lunch
- All activities
- Bilingual guide - English and Spanish
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Welcome cocktail
- Locker & change-room
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase at Tiki Bar & Restaurant)
- Food and beverages, beyond what is included
- Spa Treatments
- Sun block, bug repellent and other necessities (some available for purchase)
Your hotel in Playa Hermosa or Playa del Coco
Returns to original departure point
Be transported to a picturesque rainforest via comfortable drive from your hotel in Playa Hermosa at 8:30 am. Approximately an hour and a half later, you will arrive at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs for a welcome cocktail at the spa. A short drive from the resort is the private Blue River Park. Your driver will drop you off for a guided hike along forest trails, creeks, and cascading waterfalls. Pause for a dip in the rejuvenating mineral pools and then descend toward the incomparable blue river, Rio Pénjamo.
At 12:30, stop for a prepared lunch at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs. After lunch, choose your own adventure of swimming, sliding, or soaking. Pick from four large unique natural mineral green hot springs, or a fresh water pool with a bullet water slide. You can also choose to stay on solid ground with a walk to the amazing tropical Botanical Gardens with over 700 varieties of plants, tropical fish ponds, lagoons, turtle ponds, and the Caimon Lake and Bird Lake. The Butterfly Gardens are equally as impressive with 15 different species, including the blue morpho. Instead of swimming or traipsing around, the natural mud bath between the hot springs and fresh water river is a nice alternative for a naturally heated soak. Snap pictures of the miniature horses and donkeys that live on the property, or if relaxation is really what you’re going for, the nearby Blue River Spa has spa treatments you can purchase.
After you’ve spent your free time taking advantage of all the perks of this luscious tropical getaway, your driver will be there to pick you up at 4 pm and take you back to Playa Hermosa.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Bring comfortable clothing, insect repellent & hiking shoes (for the tour), bathing suit, sunscreen, rain jacket & extra clothing (in case of inclement weather conditions)
- There is a possibility of cancellation or change due to weather conditions at the site. You will be offered refund or alternative if known in advance and an alternative if occurs on route.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (along paths created in forest and down dirt stairs)
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions. Pick-up time and location will be communicated once we know where you are staying.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.